Anyone with Guage pilar?

This is a discussion on Anyone with Guage pilar? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm fixin too add a few guages in my ds pilar, How hard is it too acoomplish this? If i ...

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Anyone with Guage pilar?

I'm fixin too add a few guages in my ds pilar, How hard is it too acoomplish this? If i were too add a oil pressure guage and water temp guage, how hard is it too wire?
    thanks
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Not hard at all - can understand you wanting a water temp gauge, but shouldn't need an oil pressure gauge - if you have an A4 I'd get a trans temp gauge - M6 I'd think about something else.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Yep its an a4, im just wondering when you order the guage does it come with a sending unit and if so where do you mount the sending unit?
    thanks
    J

Still learning

Black
    2000 SS

i got mine from autometer and it came with the sending unit. all you need is the connections for the sendng unit. like previously stated not bad to wire and set up.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I would check into "Cyberdine" digital gauges, both Jeg's and Summit Racing sells them. You order the one wire 1/8 NPT sending unit seperate. I have both water temperature, and transmission temperature ($39.99 each) paying an additional $15 each for the sending unit. Extreemly accurate gauges. The water temp sensor goes into the passenger side drain port by the #8 cylinder, you will need a brass adapter 10mmX1.5 (I think), on an automatic, on the side with the trans cables (passenger I think) half way up the case is a pressure port, that will fit the 1/8 NPT sender perfectly.

Good luck;

Steve

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

my car already had them when i got it rpm top "green", oil middle "red" and water temp bottom, "green" all the colors look good with my blue led kit.

Thread Information