anybody replace a door?
This is a discussion on anybody replace a door? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So I went to do the window motor last Friday and whoever owned the car before me completley effed the ...
05-07-2015, 12:28 PM #1
anybody replace a door?
So I went to do the window motor last Friday and whoever owned the car before me completley effed the door panel that the window assemble attaches to. Long story short it'd be in my best interest to get a door that matches my car because my driver door has a few nasty gouges in it and replacing the whole door would help solve that issue. Has anyone taken these doors off or a car door for that matter? I'm not mechanically stupid but I'd like to know if I'm in for a pain in the ass98' Trans AM RIP
00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar
05-08-2015, 12:08 PM #2
I would like to know the answer also.
I have a set of matching doors with better glass and better window motors and guides. Curious if it would be easier to change the glass, motors, guides, and fix paint issues or just change the door.
But I'm still not sure what any of this has to do with Nitrous
05-08-2015, 01:37 PM #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Ugy Lower Corner of AL
Navy Blue Metallic
- 98 T/A w/a little mods...
- Remove front side door trim. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Door .
- Remove water deflector. Refer to Water Deflector Replacement - Door .
- Remove electrical connectors from all components in door.
- Remove wiring harness grommet (3) from door (1).
- Remove crosscar and front side door wiring harness from door.
- Remove door spring.
- Support door in preparation for door removal.
- Remove upper (2) and lower hinge nuts (4).
- Remove door from vehicle.
- Install door to upper and lower hinges.
- Install upper (2) and lower hinge nuts (4).
Tighten the nuts to 50 N·m (37 lb ft).
- Install door spring.
- Install crosscar and front side door wiring harness from door.
- Install wiring harness grommet (3) from door (1).
- Install electrical connectors from all components in door.
- Install water deflector. Refer to Water Deflector Replacement - Door .
- Install front side door trim. Refer to Trim Panel Replacement - Door .
05-08-2015, 01:57 PM #4
sounds easy enough, but getting all the wiring out is going to be a pita
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By 99RedTa6spd in forum Firebird / WS6Replies: 3Last Post: 09-03-2014, 08:20 AM
By Street Fighter in forum General HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 09-17-2013, 04:40 PM
By slimjim1284 in forum Stereo and ElectronicsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
By ls1fun in forum Stereo and ElectronicsReplies: 17Last Post: 01-14-2007, 09:13 PM
By MSTZ TA in forum Stereo and ElectronicsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-29-2005, 08:44 AM