Beast

Anybody with auto paint experience in here?

I've been wanting to get into simple auto painting recently... nothing complex. Can anyone point me to a reliable and cheap HVLP spray gun? Keep in mind it will probably only be used once in a while, and I'm not looking for a top of the line gun.

Any help is appreciated!

Mark

S O M
    2002 Camaro SS

I haven't been heavily into spraying cars for quite a few years, and all of my guns are siphon guns. It was my opinion at the time that Binks made the best, so that's what I had and still have 25 years later. To show how far out of date I am, I still use laquer when I have a little job to do.

The HVLP guns will pose the same issues as the siphon guns. There are tradeoffs. There are general purpose guns that don't do a really good job at anything, and then there are guns intended for spraying heavier paints/coats like primers, and there are guns intended for color coat and clear coat.

I don't think you can get a gun for all purposes, just like you can't get a lid that fits all garbage cans. Not much help, eh?

Maybe someone who is up to date on the urethanes can give you some good advice.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Wink

GO to your paint dealer in your area and tell him what you are trying to do and in most cases they will help you. Don't let them sale you the top of the line gun unless you really plain to do a lot of painting,because I have found that it's not just the gun it's the gun holder more than anything. I paint every now and than but only for myself.and I had a cheap gun that I got along with a compressor I bought, so you know how cheap it was,but I took a few classes in school many years ago and that helped me do a good jod with what I had.I plan on getting a better one but it want be the top of the line still, just something to replace the worned out one I had.

Thread Information