Anti-freeze is black gulky looking

This is a discussion on Anti-freeze is black gulky looking within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hello all, im sort of new to posting..anyways about a week ago, i filled my tank up on my way ...

candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

Anti-freeze is black gulky looking

Hello all, im sort of new to posting..anyways about a week ago, i filled my tank up on my way back up to school. The car road good all they way up to ann arbor,MI. When i got there i got out to unload a couple of bags, and when i got back in my car; when i started it and stepped on the gas the car sputtered and hesitated, so i figured it was bad gas i had put in,(i dont go to the same gas station all of the time) so i went and put Heet in it, gas treatment, and this $10 stuff called called Techtron all within a span of like 5 days, and i also tried running the gas all out. however after i ran the gas out still had the same problem. so when i got back home the next weekend to get my oil changed at penzoil, they told me my antifreeze was black gulky looking. My dad told me that it could possibly be a gasket, but i have no overheating or anything, and service soon lights or anything etc.... so what do you guys think of this, sorry about the length, had to tell the whole story so you could get an idea... im so upset because its getting warm out and im getting a custom paint job, rims and lots more done to my car but makes no difference if i cant get it running right

black
    2002 WS6

Have you checked it your self? If it is bad check the rest of your fluids for contamination. Do you have an automatic?

candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

yes I have an automatic, all the other fluids are fine, this just all of sudden happened, its weird. A friend of mine said that if it was a gasket my car would overheat, if not overheating he said that my antifreeze would be milky looking because of a leak or bust in a line, but my car isnt overheating nor is my anti-freeze milky looking

black
    2002 WS6

at any point was there any new antifreeze added, could be compatabilty issues? I would suggest getting a full flush, the sputtering issue could be fuel delivery when was the filter changed last?

candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

the shop said i should have the antifreeze flushed every 2 years or so, i have only owned the car for a year and a half, and i havent had it flushed, so that could be the problem, and i have only changed the air filter to k&n kit, and the k&n oil filter..... havent changed any other filters

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Before your paint job...

get it professionally inspected instead of guessing. What if it is something major? You need to know beforehand to help you make the right decisions. Let us know how you do. Hopefully it is just a coolant change (flush) needed.

Thread Information