Another German Castrol Question

I have searched a lot on here before posting this but I am sure I still missed some valuable info. I was just wondering if there was ever any conclusive information about how the gold German Castrol compares to the old green stuff. It seems most of the posts about it died when they changed formulas and colors. Just like to see some useful comparisons of the two.

I will apologize ahead of time if I failed to find posts already answering this question.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

GC is a middle of the road synthetic. Overpriced for what it is frankly. You will not find the "excitement" here with GC as you may find on BITOG or other places.

Yes I was aware there are many oils on here recommended including Pennzoil Platinum, Amsoil, and your favorite Schaeffers. I just wanted to see if there was a difference between the two versions. I was not trying to start a fan club.

Thanks.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Huh?
    Middle of the road means middle of the road add packs/UOA's. Nothing to get excited about UOA's posted in various forums here on Castrol reflect so so returns. In other words better returns received from PP/Shaeffers/Amsoil and even Valvoline. So I don't know how else to answer you.

Sorry if my posts were confusing Sarge. I was asking because I still have some gold GC on the shelf that I was going to use for the next oil change. It seems a lot better oils are out there now and if the gold is worse than the green was then maybe I should not use it.

I run a Wix Oil Filter with an Amsoil EA Air Filter on my stock LS1. It sees about 2000 miles a year and I change my oil once a year with that mileage rate.

Thanks again.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

I asked the same question about eight months ago and was told the gold is exactly the same as the old green GC plus the price has come down a little . Coming from M1 right after purchasing my LS1 I'll continue to prefer GC as long as its available . Tried Pennzoil & lost pressure and the ticking returned . Went back to GC and all is well in the world again . Stay with what works I say .

NBM
    99 TA

I have been using castrol since switching from M1 and I have not noticed any big difference, except its alittle cheaper.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by wicknewman View Post
    Sorry if my posts were confusing Sarge. I was asking because I still have some gold GC on the shelf that I was going to use for the next oil change. It seems a lot better oils are out there now and if the gold is worse than the green was then maybe I should not use it.

I run a Wix Oil Filter with an Amsoil EA Air Filter on my stock LS1. It sees about 2000 miles a year and I change my oil once a year with that mileage rate.

Thanks again.
    Dont get me wrong. Castrol is good oil. Will not hurt a thing. Use it up.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    I asked the same question about eight months ago and was told the gold is exactly the same as the old green GC plus the price has come down a little . Coming from M1 right after purchasing my LS1 I'll continue to prefer GC as long as its available . Tried Pennzoil & lost pressure and the ticking returned . Went back to GC and all is well in the world again . Stay with what works I say .
    Lot of folks confuse engine "sounds" as a measurable data point of the oils performance. It is flatly not an indicator of good or bad at all.

Thread Information