Amsoil OIl Flush

This is a discussion on Amsoil OIl Flush within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I was thinking about getting some Amsoil Engine Flush. I was wondering if I will have to drop the pan ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Amsoil OIl Flush

I was thinking about getting some Amsoil Engine Flush. I was wondering if I will have to drop the pan afterwards to clean up the stuff that goes to the bottom. Is this a must? anyone with experience on this? Wondering if the loosened particles will end up causing oil pressure problems..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    I was thinking about getting some Amsoil Engine Flush. I was wondering if I will have to drop the pan afterwards to clean up the stuff that goes to the bottom. Is this a must? anyone with experience on this? Wondering if the loosened particles will end up causing oil pressure problems..
    I use it from time to time and have for a few years now. I use it in mildly/heavily neglected motors. It literally "melts" the gunk and it drains out.
    I follow this regimen and have never had nothing but very positive results.
    1. Change filter and replace with new filter. Add Amsoil flush to sump.
    2. Run the motor 15-20 minutes giving it a 2-3K RPM rev every so often.
    3. Drain and replace oil filter and refill with some el cheapo oil.
    4. Repeat step 2.
    5. Drain and fill with whatever your oil of choice is and go.
    I can tell you I have had excellent luck with it cleaning/flushing the motor. Great product.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

do you think i need to worry about it clogging the filter on the oil pick up tube? My ls1 has 66000 miles on it, only seen synthetic and has been kept very well..I am just worried that if I put the flush in that its going to make my oil pressure drop and possibly clog the pick up filter or pump....thx

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

also if I decided to go with autoRX instead, is it ok to run it now in the colder months or should I wait until spring. I am in DE, it gets cold but not like the upper states.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

do you think i need to worry about it clogging the filter on the oil pick up tube? My ls1 has 66000 miles on it, only seen synthetic and has been kept very well..I am just worried that if I put the flush in that its going to make my oil pressure drop and possibly clog the pick up filter or pump....thx
    No.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

also if I decided to go with autoRX instead, is it ok to run it now in the colder months or should I wait until spring. I am in DE, it gets cold but not like the upper states.
    2 different things here. AutoRX is a long term cleaner (6000 total miles between cleaning and rinse phases) and Amsoil is a solvent flush. Ambient temps have no effect on AutoRX.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

is autoRX better than the amsoil flush? will it have better cleaning capabilities? So this amsoil flush wont make chunks of crap fall to the bottom of my oil pan? It will liquify everything?

Post Amsoil Engine Flush

I have used the Amsoil Engine Flush myself on a car that had 130k on it with good results. If you are serious about doing the flush and want the best result, go by the recommendation and install a new oil filter before doing the flush.

When I did the flush on my car, there were no “chunks” of material that came out. Only very fine black particles suspended in the old motor oil which poured out of the oil pan drain like water. It’s a good product, nothing to worry about.

Amsoil Engine Flush is designed to be a preparation cleansing before switching to synthetic motor oil. It is designed to be drained out before the new oil is added. Amsoil does not recommend the use of additives with their oil.

CompSyn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

is autoRX better than the amsoil flush? will it have better cleaning capabilities? So this amsoil flush wont make chunks of crap fall to the bottom of my oil pan? It will liquify everything?
    No chunks. All you willl do is flush/clean your motor internals. A clean engine is a healthy engine. Amsoil Flush is a one shot cleaner. AutoRX is also but mainly a long term ongoing maintenance type cleaner.
    And no you wont have chunks for the last time

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i have used both with good results, i really like auto r/x, amsoil flush is damn good shit too. if i were you i would run auto r/x to gently clean the engine seals and what not, then after a few oil changes run some amsoil engine flush thru is as a "follow up"

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

thanks for the input guys........i know i am paranoid.....but i cant help it my car is my baby. haha thanks again.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

one other question.....is amsoil foam throttle and intake cleaner safe to use on our composite intake manifolds, etc?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

thanks for the input guys........i know i am paranoid.....but i cant help it my car is my baby. haha thanks again.
    I dont take this stuff lightly myself.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

one other question.....is amsoil foam throttle and intake cleaner safe to use on our composite intake manifolds, etc?
    Never used it before...couldn't tell you myself....mebbe somebody will chime in.

Thread Information