Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Am I maxed out on performance

This is a discussion on Am I maxed out on performance within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; man alot of people dont read the whole post. he states mustang dyno. also a stall and 3.73 gears will ...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

man alot of people dont read the whole post. he states mustang dyno.
    also a stall and 3.73 gears will eat power away om a dyno
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

I thought I was close to being right at my power level with my mods.Its fast enough right now for me since it is mainly a street car.When spring come around will see the track for the first time .So most of the time when you see these guys that say they have 425-450 hp at the wheels are going by a dynojet system.Whats the advantages of the 2 ? Mustang dyno,big stall and 3.73 gears and a 12 bolt to boot.So I am on track.Thats good.Now I realy don't think I need another tune,would not be worth it at this time.Thanks for the good info.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Screw Dyno numbers....what does she run in the 1/4?
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Wont know till spring ,hoping for mid 11's with et streets.I think thats realistic.I know I have a good suspension and a good rear end set up,tires will be very important because traction is always the key factor.Sarge what are you running in that goat.I came real close to buying one.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    A mustang dyno will always show lower number than a Dynojet. Most places use DynoJets, so to compare the mustang dyno figures with dynojet figures ... add about 15%. So his results on a DynoJet would be 450 HP and 415 TQ. It seems about right for a heads/cam car.
    On a Dyno Jet those numbers are about right on. Man those are some good numbers. That is a what most head and cam cars are putting down fot he most part.

Thats funny,I always thought my numbers were a little lower then most other head and cam pack cars.Now when converting them to the dyno jet results they are right on the mark or even a little higher then some of the ones I have seen

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Brianss1
    I thought I was close to being right at my power level with my mods.Its fast enough right now for me since it is mainly a street car.When spring come around will see the track for the first time .So most of the time when you see these guys that say they have 425-450 hp at the wheels are going by a dynojet system.Whats the advantages of the 2 ? Mustang dyno,big stall and 3.73 gears and a 12 bolt to boot.So I am on track.Thats good.Now I realy don't think I need another tune,would not be worth it at this time.Thanks for the good info.
    A mustang dyno puts a load on the car...like real world driving. Its actually much better for tuning.

You have a stout setup. It should run some killer times if you can get traction.

redls1bird
    why do mustang dynos not give accurate numbers? horsepower is calculated the same way, so is the equipment just less accurate? if so, why is it always in the negative direction. inaccuracy could be carried into the positive side too. whats to say dynojet doesnt dyno low? just wondering.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Its not that mustang dynos dont give accurate readings. They are probably more accurate because it puts a load on the car like a car would experience in actual driving conditions...hence the lower numbers.

I wouldnt get too caught up in dyno numbers. A dyno is simply a tuning machine. Nothing more, nothing less. Track times speak louder than numbers.
    Last edited by ~redlinels1~; 12-20-2005 at 03:53 PM.

Very true a car that has been dynoed with a mustang dyno is better because the reading it gives you is realy what you are going to use when driving/racing whatever.It takes into consideration all your car's weight and probaly a few more various components that would take away from power,etc.For bragging rights on hp and tq you could use the dyno jet or your flywheel power like the factory does.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

You want your car to be faster? LEt's do this. We'll trade cars for a week, I'll abuse the hell outta yours and you'll cry while driving my underpowered LS1 and then when you get back in yours it will be fast all over again!
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

Better pass on that deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information