Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I maxed out on performance

I bought it this way already modded.I was jujst curious is there anything else I can do for more power and torque ?

01 ws6,silver,auto with yank pt4000 stall,B&M trans cooler,DTS 12 bolt ,3:73,DTS support cover,complete BMR chrome moly suspension bolts on's including panhard bar,adjustable torque arm,tubular control arms,driveshaft loop,strut bar,optima red top battery,k&n,slp lid,bg ram air mod,Mac headers,off road y pipe,magnflow catback,MSD wires,NGK plugs,smooth bellows,slp mass air flow,throttle body coolant by pass,160 stat,
    2.02 1.575 manly racemaster valves with fully polished and ported heads Trend Fully hardend pushrods, COMP TI retainers, Dual Valve spring's
    custom comp 228 236 588 578 114 ,ARP hardware,New Z06 gaskets.393 RWHP and 360 torque on a mustang dyno.

Black
    99 SS

dude something is fucked up with that, if you got heads and cam and only making 400 hp, my set up is making just as much as yours
    95 WS6, 6 speed, FULL suspension, 9" spool, Vortech S/C HARD TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99 Z28/SS Vert Triple Black, H/C

The heads are stock factory heads that are ported and polished.Maybe another tune would change the numbers.

Black
    99 SS

i would make sure to get a good tune man, what part of the country are you from, there is a good tuner in Cincinnati

I am in Ohio about 2-3 hours or so from cinci.I thought around 400 RWHP is about what you get out of heads and cam,headers.I need to do a search.Tell me more about the tuner in cinci.What kind of numbers do you think I should have ?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    dude something is fucked up with that, if you got heads and cam and only making 400 hp, my set up is making just as much as yours
    Don't forget he is an Auto.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Black
    99 SS

yea but he has a stall

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

yea but he has a stall
    Which will show even less HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    Don't forget he is an Auto.
    Hey now that cant be bad my peak hp was at 6200rpm on my dyno sheet.Its only had one tune and that was right after all the work was done to it.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Brianss1
    I am in Ohio about 2-3 hours or so from cinci.I thought around 400 RWHP is about what you get out of heads and cam,headers.I need to do a search.Tell me more about the tuner in cinci.What kind of numbers do you think I should have ?
    ok, here is who you need to call Scott Racing and Performance here is there web site www.ts-performance.com ask for Tracey, if he is not there ask for Tlyer they are the owners of the shop. you can talk to them about what you have and the numbers that you should be expecting to get from it

there number is 513-489-1197

tell them that Joel Zembrodt told you to call them and you heard of them from LS1.com

try it they are always willing to talk to you about it.

Black
    99 SS

i have an auto to so does ED

Thanks ,I will run everything by them and see what they have to say.I dont think I am to far off,but I do think it could be better.

delinquent543
    in ur case you have a few options. option one (any maybe the best option for you): forced inductions. spend about 5-8 grand on a turbo or super charger and net about 550 hp (it seems like u have all the correct supporting mods) except if u do decide to run FI, get a smaller cam, or else the long duration will bleed off most of the boost and u wont get to much out of it. another option is to get bigger heads and a bigger cam. this wont net you as much hp as forced induction, but proably will be cheaper. another option will be to spend a bundle of cash on a new engine block. maybe a 383 or a 402, those will be monster blocks and u would have to pare them with monster mods (heads and cams) then bigger diameter headers. either way be prepared to drop about 4 grand +

Black
    99 SS

Thanks ,I will run everything by them and see what they have to say.I dont think I am to far off,but I do think it could be better.
    let us know what they say ok??

let us know what they say ok??
    Will do maybe today still. So delinquent543 you dont think my cam would be good with a super charger its not in the budget anyway at least for now and I thought they were a little hard on a stock block engine , I could be wrong though.I want it to be fully streetable also,I am already pushing it with the 4000 stall.It moves out nice for what it is.No real time slips,but hoping for mid to high 11's with et streets.

I had 2 1970 Chevelle ss 396 car a couple years ago,one gold with white stripes and one blue with white stripes.I have a weak spot for 70 ss Chevelles but they still dont compare to the LS1.Air conditiong , power everything and 400 RWHP,you cant compare.

Black
    99 SS

I had 2 1970 Chevelle ss 396 car a couple years ago,one gold with white stripes and one blue with white stripes.I have a weak spot for 70 ss Chevelles but they still dont compare to the LS1.Air conditiong , power everything and 400 RWHP,you cant compare.
    i have had mine for a little over 2 years now and i love it, it is just so expansive to fix back up

Mrs.'s Boobies

Onyx Black
    2001 Camaro SS

A mustang dyno will always show lower number than a Dynojet. Most places use DynoJets, so to compare the mustang dyno figures with dynojet figures ... add about 15%. So his results on a DynoJet would be 450 HP and 415 TQ. It seems about right for a heads/cam car.
    George P. Lara
    Mine 2001 Camaro SS #0391: FQuick Garage
    Mrs.'s 2002 Camaro SS #7072: FQuick Garage

delinquent543
    yeah another good point with the type of dyno ur using. it seems like right now ur set until u put some money away and save for some expensive power options. The stock ls1 short black is stronger than you think and many people have hit high hp numbers on them. ur car seems fast enough as of right now. enjoy the power and dont worry about modding until u have some spare cash.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    A mustang dyno will always show lower number than a Dynojet. Most places use DynoJets, so to compare the mustang dyno figures with dynojet figures ... add about 15%. So his results on a DynoJet would be 450 HP and 415 TQ. It seems about right for a heads/cam car.
    Beat me to it.

I wouldn't worry about modifying your car right now. Enjoy it first!

Thread Information