Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Always something.. Car overheating.

Well I finally got this stupid piece of shit to start and it was running like a champ. I cant be too mad though because I suspected an overheating problem when I fired it up a while back after the heads and cam swap but after I got my new ECT sensor is I had a pulley issue and hadnt run the car Now I have definatly verified that it is overheating and it is onw pissing coolant real bad from the water pump. I tried replacing the thermostat since I already had a new one laying around but I guess now I am going to be buying a water pump.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

well I replaced both the T stat and the water pump. I think the pump was leaking from the gaskets so I RTVed them real good and now all the leaks have stopped but she still overheats really fast. Anyone have any other Ideas outside of flushing the radiator again which I am going to do tomorrow?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Yes. You may have an air bubble in the cooling system.
    JEB

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

how might I go about eliminating said bubble?

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

disregard, I already know.. its been a lonnnggg day

98 Formula
    06 duramax

she's just pissed because you let her sit for a month. Like was said above, just purge the air from the system and see what that does.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

already done brother, worked great. I was going to return the water pump if it didnt do anything but since it stopped leaking then Im going to keep it and junk that 110k mile piece o crap I took off. I took it for a drive and the battery had been dead like all day and i never bothered ot charge it I just kept jumping it until I could get it fixed (i will take the battery to autozone on my way to work tomorrow) anyways I drove like 2 miles from my house and decided I wanted to mess with the tune since my idle was so erratic. so I shut the car off and as soon as I did that I realized FU*K this thing aint gunna start again so I tuned it and walked home. I got the GTO and went to jump it again and let the battery charge for a little while. after I got it started I was minding my own damn business and just doing little 0-20 wot passes in an empty parking lot and then these dickhead taxi cab drivers felt the need to call the cops on me. All I was trying to do was figure out why the idle was so high, I guess that happens when you dont plug in your IAC or TPS sensor after installing a water pump Anyways by the time the cops came I was parked and tried plugging in the sensors with the car running which sent it crazy and it jumped and held steady at about 3K (perfect for the cops right?) Anyways these two cops come up and talked to me after I killed it asking me why I felt the need to be doing donuts and huge burnouts. I really didnt know what to say at that point because of course anyone would deny it but I really wasnt doing donuts, and my car wasnt running well enough untuned to even have that capability so I just told them the truth and they were pretty cool about it. My headers were glowing bright red by the time the cop came up as well which didnt look good for my but when he picked at my rear tires and they were cold and there was so rubber smell or tread marks he kinda figured I was telling the truth. After that though of course I got, what kinda tires are those? are they street legal? is this car street legal? which now that I think about it the cars plates are expired since i am waiting for new stickers in the mail. anyways It was a fun enough night for me so I am going to get to bed.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

sounds pretty eventful. I wouldn't beat on it until you get it tuned. It's a long ways off from running good right now. The tune will fix all of that. Well, that and making sure everything is plugged in.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

yeah I just brought it home, it ran alot better with those sensors plugged in. Makes a huge difference in shifting anyways it has an appointment for saturday to get tuned and then maybe that night I will go to the track and play. i will let ya know what happenns

Thread Information