Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All at once

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Thumbs down All at once

Did my spark plugs wires yesterday for the first time and after 2.5 hours and six band aids later, i have a popping from the rear... Its not suspension related, it definitely is fuel related since its been bogging out but ive never heard this pop before. I know my fuel regulator is bad but i have to wait on it to come in / its my daily driver so now im thinking my pump is going out. I did test my fuel pressure from the rail back (30 psi) and it was holding 80 @ the pump. So im not sure if the pump is goig out or not. Its priming but not as loud. Question is, is it going to be an arm and a leg for a pump anywhere? Im not worried about the install just what pumps to go for without spending half my paycheck.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

30 PSI at the rail is no good. Even with the car not started, I have 50 at the rail and 60 PSI at idle.

Racetronics makes good kits Ive heard. Dont know the pricing, maybe someone hre can chime in. Check out the for sale section here and over there for mildly used kits.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

new pumps arent bad....its the labor that gets you.....i have a plan to upgrade my fuel delevery system when the time comes (upgrades or pump goes out) get a really good system from racetronics or walbro.

98' trans am

hmm was the poping there before the plug changed ? ...i would make sure everything in the ignition is right..the pop could be from unburnt fuel or many other reasons...my friend had that same problem with his lt1 impala..it ended up being his valves were damaged and after he still had a light pop..and it was the ignition also ..i believe his cap was messed up or something ..sorry i couldn't be more help.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

If it is your pump fix it quick or you'll be flat bedding her home trust me! It was 500 bucks for my pump, all because I bought a filter and did'nt change it right away.....

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i found the racetronix but didn't know how people felt about it. i may end up going that way, i found them for like $175, which is a whole hell of a lot better than $500!

i have a regulator on the way (bc if it was the pump, there'd be no pressure, i figure half pressure, my regulator isn't doing it's job regulating..) but im not going to drive it until i have the part in my hand and will work on it in shop class. i just kind of fear that the popping is the unburnt fuel and/or air in the lines and that i'm going to stall out on the way to work (deep in the city) ... i triple checked my plugs/wires after i did the install yesterday (which btw, no one is kidding when they say that is a btich the first time) and the only thing i can think of is that the car isn't used to it (it has 111xxx miles on it and i seriously pulled out stock plugs/wires) that or i re-installed the metal insulators that were on the original wires.

this car is going to be like a brand new car after this. seriously. i think the only thing i havn't replaced is the engine... haha

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    i found the racetronix but didn't know how people felt about it. i may end up going that way, i found them for like $175, which is a whole hell of a lot better than $500!

i have a regulator on the way (bc if it was the pump, there'd be no pressure, i figure half pressure, my regulator isn't doing it's job regulating..) but im not going to drive it until i have the part in my hand and will work on it in shop class. i just kind of fear that the popping is the unburnt fuel and/or air in the lines and that i'm going to stall out on the way to work (deep in the city) ... i triple checked my plugs/wires after i did the install yesterday (which btw, no one is kidding when they say that is a btich the first time) and the only thing i can think of is that the car isn't used to it (it has 111xxx miles on it and i seriously pulled out stock plugs/wires) that or i re-installed the metal insulators that were on the original wires.

this car is going to be like a brand new car after this. seriously. i think the only thing i havn't replaced is the engine... haha
    175? WOW WHERE? Cheapest I'd seen was like 400!

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    175? WOW WHERE? Cheapest I'd seen was like 400!
    the instructor in my class owns a performance shop and gets things below cost for some unknown reason. i'll probably go ahead and buy one and put both of them in at the same time so i don't have to do it twice. im already not looking forward to it after yesterday's #8 plug fiasco (which was 3/4 of the time i was working on the plugs, lol)

White
    2008 Hummer H3

the instructor in my class owns a performance shop and gets things below cost for some unknown reason. i'll probably go ahead and buy one and put both of them in at the same time so i don't have to do it twice. im already not looking forward to it after yesterday's #8 plug fiasco (which was 3/4 of the time i was working on the plugs, lol)
    Nice!

Haha plug changes dont get any better with 2 less cylinders either lol...

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Racetronix are good pumps. I run a twin kit.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Nice!

Haha plug changes dont get any better with 2 less cylinders either lol...
    if my car hadn't just came home from the body shop friday, there would have been a foot sized hole in it. i was so frustrated, haha ... the driver's side was CAKE, the other was not so pleasant. im so happy plugs aren't as routine as oil changes.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Racetronix are good pumps. I run a twin kit.
    i appreciate the feedback. i'll probably order one and be poor til payday. but my car will run better. i hope

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

i appreciate the feedback. i'll probably order one and be poor til payday. but my car will run better. i hope
    Racetronix are modified Walbro's

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Racetronix are modified Walbro's
    Plus racetronix are a complete plug and play setup. No cutting/splicing wires. Also they include a wire to connect from the battery (or alternator) to supply more power to the pump than the stock harness provides. I used to run the kit before I switched to the twin pump system.

The twin pump setup might be a bit much on a stock fbody. I recommend racetronix single pump for the OP.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Plus racetronix are a complete plug and play setup. No cutting/splicing wires. Also they include a wire to connect from the battery (or alternator) to supply more power to the pump than the stock harness provides. I used to run the kit before I switched to the twin pump system.

The twin pump setup might be a bit much on a stock fbody. I recommend racetronix single pump for the OP.
    Awesome! thank you & Ed both

maroon
    2000 trans am

Nothing like a good tutorial.

NBM
    2002 pontiac Trans Am Ws6

hey i had kind of had the same issue...my fuel pump would make a weird sound and the car would not start or choke and die out if i didnt keep the rpms up...i bought a 255lph aftermarket fuel pump from sumit racing only costed $125 and if i were you i would only run that shell 93octane v-power gasoline....oh and i would change the pump yourself its not complicated just time consuming if u dont have the right tools.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Here are some

EBAY

Another

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by seth_12 View Post
    hey i had kind of had the same issue...my fuel pump would make a weird sound and the car would not start or choke and die out if i didnt keep the rpms up...i bought a 255lph aftermarket fuel pump from sumit racing only costed $125 and if i were you i would only run that shell 93octane v-power gasoline....oh and i would change the pump yourself its not complicated just time consuming if u dont have the right tools.
    same thing mine is doing. my regulator isn't allowing anymore than 30psi anywhere, so it sucks and it's damaging the pump. i went ahead and ordered the racetronix fuel pump system and now i just have to wait for it to come in from canada. im doing it myself, that's the beauty of having access to a lift, i'd probably if i had to do it in my driveway.

i finally have the exterior looking amazing ... now i just need it to run amazing!

98' trans am

same thing mine is doing. my regulator isn't allowing anymore than 30psi anywhere, so it sucks and it's damaging the pump. i went ahead and ordered the racetronix fuel pump system and now i just have to wait for it to come in from canada. im doing it myself, that's the beauty of having access to a lift, i'd probably if i had to do it in my driveway.

i finally have the exterior looking amazing ... now i just need it to run amazing!
    you can do it without a lift or jacks....

Thread Information