Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

All at once

This is a discussion on All at once within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by shady milkman you can do it without a lift or jacks.... i know... i don't feel like ...

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you can do it without a lift or jacks....
    i know... i don't feel like doing surgery on my car by cutting it open or anything like that. i'd rather use the lift since school is allowing me to

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    the instructor in my class owns a performance shop and gets things below cost for some unknown reason. i'll probably go ahead and buy one and put both of them in at the same time so i don't have to do it twice. im already not looking forward to it after yesterday's #8 plug fiasco (which was 3/4 of the time i was working on the plugs, lol)
    Hey bro next time take the coils off on the passenger side, way easier.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    BTW Tep is a she....Anyway has anyone tried Granatelli's fuel pump? Just wondering....

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    they were off.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    BTW Tep is a she....Anyway has anyone tried Granatelli's fuel pump? Just wondering....
    si! i looked at that one but im on the working commuting student plan. aka i like inexpensive things

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

they were off.
    i even went so far as to take off the valve cover...the 8 plug was a stocker and was damn near seized up..so i need the valve cover off so i could get more leverage and i actually used the back of the block to hold on to..it was a bitch..but now it wont be so bad ..with the anti-seize on the new plugs i wont need to do that again...hopefully

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i even went so far as to take off the valve cover...the 8 plug was a stocker and was damn near seized up..so i need the valve cover off so i could get more leverage and i actually used the back of the block to hold on to..it was a bitch..but now it wont be so bad ..with the anti-seize on the new plugs i wont need to do that again...hopefully
    i thought about doing it considering my car is down until next monday when i get my fuel pump in ... i may do it this weekend and paint my valve covers give me something to do at least

my plugs were the original plugs & wires, #6 had cracked porcelin on it and the wires were tiny. who knew. 111xxx on it and original plugs. no wonder it ran like crap.
    Last edited by tep98ws6; 09-23-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: add

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I had a buddy stop by with his new T/A and when he saw the double elbowed, dual extension socket set up, he laughed.

Oh how the tables turn when I got a call to come over his house to give him a hand.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I had a buddy stop by with his new T/A and when he saw the double elbowed, dual extension socket set up, he laughed.

Oh how the tables turn when I got a call to come over his house to give him a hand.
    i bet that changed REAAAAAL quick. lol

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I probably shouldn't say buddy, more like this guy I know. B/C when I got there he had burn marks on his wrist from the exhaust manifold from approaching them underneath. I don't know people that smart...

But we all have to start learning somewhere.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

I probably shouldn't say buddy, more like this guy I know. B/C when I got there he had burn marks on his wrist from the exhaust manifold from approaching them underneath. I don't know people that smart...

But we all have to start learning somewhere.

i let mine sit overnight before i tore into that job. no way was i burning up my hands. i hate getting burned. i am all cut up and sore all over my hands/arms. i have a bruise on the meaty part of my left hand by my thumb from squeezing my hand in there to get to that damn plug. i am so happy plugs aren't like oil changes ... otherwise, i'd sell it. haha jk

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

My education was a great breakin process. The first car I changed my own plugs on, was a 98 cav, nice easy start. The next was 00 f-150, that one was quite educational. So by the time I got to the T/A, not too many swear words were involved.

And of course I have put "alittle" blood sweat and tears into every car. Some of that blame falls on not having the proper tools or cheap tools, but that's a different education, lol.

You'll probably love this, my motorcycle plugs can get changed with a good ol wrench!

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

My education was a great breakin process. The first car I changed my own plugs on, was a 98 cav, nice easy start. The next was 00 f-150, that one was quite educational. So by the time I got to the T/A, not too many swear words were involved.

And of course I have put "alittle" blood sweat and tears into every car. Some of that blame falls on not having the proper tools or cheap tools, but that's a different education, lol.

You'll probably love this, my motorcycle plugs can get changed with a good ol wrench!
    f150s are a pain too. i take care of my bf's truck and the plugs are a btich! haha that's what i love about my dirt bike. little wrench, 3 minute plug job. hell yes.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

f150s are a pain too. i take care of my bf's truck and the plugs are a btich! haha that's what i love about my dirt bike. little wrench, 3 minute plug job. hell yes.
    Wait whoa whoa whoa... hold the fuck up! You service your boyfriends truck?

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Wait whoa whoa whoa... hold the fuck up! You service your boyfriends truck?
    Yes yes i do. He has less time than me somehow to do things with it and he enjoys sitting in a lawn chair watching and making ridic comments ... All in fun & games. He does a lot of things for me so its the least i can do/i owe him for destroying his tranny & suspension

<----- best gf ever

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Yes yes i do. He has less time than me somehow to do things with it and he enjoys sitting in a lawn chair watching and making ridic comments ... All in fun & games. He does a lot of things for me so its the least i can do/i owe him for destroying his tranny & suspension

<----- best gf ever
    God, i hate him!

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

agreed, all i want in life is a fast car and a hott badass gf, and tep98ws6 lives in my state. how you doing all my ex gf are crazy

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    God, i hate him!
    he hated me after i destroyed his transmission and control arms offroading in it

it's all good. he likes that i work on his truck but at the same time, he doesn't. i got super frustrated over the dumbest things (aka #8 coil pack) because i broke an extension trying to get it out... saying things like "let daddy do it" to me just aren't good at certain times. haha

conclusion: i hate spark plugs.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

he hated me after i destroyed his transmission and control arms offroading in it

it's all good. he likes that i work on his truck but at the same time, he doesn't. i got super frustrated over the dumbest things (aka #8 coil pack) because i broke an extension trying to get it out... saying things like "let daddy do it" to me just aren't good at certain times. haha

conclusion: i hate spark plugs.
    no extension should be needed for the #8 coil pack..just a small drive long socket 10mm..oh well

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

no extension should be needed for the #8 coil pack..just a small drive long socket 10mm..oh well
    i broke it learning that, haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information