navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

alignment problems, lowered 2"

I just went through a set of front tires (Sumitimo hrtz 275/40/17) in 6 months and 20.000 miles! I got new tires and had Sears do an alignment but they said they cant and that the dealership has a special tool to get it into specs on the front and rear. Heres what they gave me in the print out.
    camber caster toe thrust angle
    frnt rt -0.2 6.0 -0.04
    frnt lft -.0.6 5.4 0.04
    rear 0.1 .18 0.37

I have no idea what this means but if it makes sense to you enlighten me please! The car is lowered with DMS springs w/ Koni SA struts. The right side of the car sags an inch or so but from what I read that is typical, if not normal. Thanks guys!

Black
    2002 Firehawk Trans Am

its not that bad but with a camber kit you should be able to get a better alignment... do you notice any tire ware patterns?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by 02Hawk View Post
    its not that bad but with a camber kit you should be able to get a better alignment... do you notice any tire ware patterns?
    there are no camber kis for f-bodies, as the lower control arm is where the adjustment is located.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by sic2001 View Post
    I just went through a set of front tires (Sumitimo hrtz 275/40/17) in 6 months and 20.000 miles! I got new tires and had Sears do an alignment but they said they cant and that the dealership has a special tool to get it into specs on the front and rear. Heres what they gave me in the print out.
    camber caster toe thrust angle
    frnt rt -0.2 6.0 -0.04
    frnt lft -.0.6 5.4 0.04
    rear 0.1 .18 0.37

I have no idea what this means but if it makes sense to you enlighten me please! The car is lowered with DMS springs w/ Koni SA struts. The right side of the car sags an inch or so but from what I read that is typical, if not normal. Thanks guys!

well, overall the alignment readings are pretty good. just need to have the left camber (-0.6) brought up to the same as the right camber (-0.2) to get rid of any drift to the right.

as far as the sagging goes, is it the right front or rear? sagging is normally associated with a weak spring.

Black
    2002 Firehawk Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    there are no camber kis for f-bodies, as the lower control arm is where the adjustment is located.
    did some research and no camber kits.... that sucks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

doesn't suck. just no need for it, as adjustment ability is already on the car. camber kits are usually for cars with no adjustment capabilities. these are mainly cars with struts. it's nothing more than an eccentric bolt that replaces the bolts that mount the spindle to the strut.

here's a catalog on the types of camber kits you can get for particular vehicles.
    http://www.specprod.com/CATALOG_DIR/PassCar_06.pdf
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

If you care a lot about the camber you can buy some adjustable upper a-arms. They cost about $300 a set though.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    well, overall the alignment readings are pretty good. just need to have the left camber (-0.6) brought up to the same as the right camber (-0.2) to get rid of any drift to the right.

as far as the sagging goes, is it the right front or rear? sagging is normally associated with a weak spring.
    Not meaning to hijack or anything, but my car sits lower on the right than the left. Should I just replace all the springs or could it be something else suspension related?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

If you look around, many cars sit lower on the right side than the left. Rumor is that GM designed it so that once the driver sits in, it levels out. Mine sits 1/2" lower on the right side. Maybe they didn't design it into it, maybe it's because the exhaust, the battery, and the spare tire and jack are all on that side, who knows?

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I was told to measure from the top of the fenderwell and the ground and when I did that it was only 1/2 in off even though it looks like it sags way worse than that.
    I have new springs AND koni shocks and its still lower so Id say forget about it.
    I also took the car in to get aligned by a referral froma friendandthey got me within specs without and camber kits or anything. He said the other people were just lazy and didnt want to do the work. Car rides GREAT now, quiet and smooth even lowered 2". So thanks for allthe help fellas!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by sic2001 View Post
    He said the other people were just lazy and didnt want to do the work.
    there's the biggest reason right there, why stuff doesn't get done correctly.

Thread Information