Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

air and fuel lines

This is a discussion on air and fuel lines within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by third_shift|studios it's cool man! I mean, only what, 5/6 months ago you were still asking "how should ...

  1. #21
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    it's cool man! I mean, only what, 5/6 months ago you were still asking "how should i mod my car" then in the last 7 days you post all kinda techy shit, what with that PM and all too! Good for you
    aww thanks

  2. #22
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    With a flaring tool you could flare the end of the fuel line for a an-fitting. I am not sure what degree the an- uses though.

  3. #23
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    With a flaring tool you could flare the end of the fuel line for a an-fitting. I am not sure what degree the an- uses though.
    so i've been told-thank you for commenting. I was on the phone a few times yesterday with multiple parts in my hands screaming WTF DO I DO WITH THIS!!! to Jegs tech line. Finally they told me "it is impossible to attach an AN-fitting to a hard line w/out serious manipulation to the hard line"

    WHY is that not mentioned in the god damn website text?

  4. #24
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    I am pretty sure that an AN fitting has a 37 degree flare and I believe there are adapters to go from tubing to AN by using a sleeve and a nut. You would cut off the existing flare, slide the nut and sleeve over the tube and then re-flare it. Try russellperformance.com

  5. #25
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Part 1: Air lines...this is a continuation from an older thread. I had noticed a broken air line (A) and it never threw a code, so i followed the line (B first pic to B second pic) and put a cap on it at that joice-is that ok?

    Click for full size

    Click for full size


    Part 2: i'm trying to attach 6AN braided line to the main hard fuel line(A)-but i don't know what i need to do it. Also-is it true that the Evap line (B) can be capped off b/c it's only for emissions? There is currently fuel in that line, is it ok to cap it where it is?
    Click for full size

    If your intake is off, why dont you just pull all that AIR shit out? You dont need it....

  6. #26
    The Generals Finest Deviant LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    136

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    You don't need to flare the ends. You need a "tubing to an" adapter. It works just like a hard line coupler with a furrel to hold the line.

    I did a similar an setup on my old car. I had to cut the factory hard line to get that "quick disconnect" off. Then tighten the coupler to hold the hard line. The local speed shop only had the "tubing to an adapter" in once size so I had to run an NTP fitting to make it work but you can order them in any size you want just about. I then used factory style quick disconnects on the fuel rail side.






    I'm not too familiar with the LS1 fuel setup. Do all years have a feed or return or just a feed?

    As far as the evap goes. You don't really need it. Pull the solenoid and lines. Do not plug the evap line running from the gas tank. Just leave it open so the fumes can vent freely. You'll throw evap codes but you can just get rid of those with HPtuners.
    Last edited by Deviant LS1; 03-11-2009 at 09:20 PM.

  7. #27
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant LS1 View Post
    You don't need to flare the ends. You need a "tubing to an" adapter. It works just like a hard line coupler with a furrel to hold the line.

    I did a similar an setup on my old car. I had to cut the factory hard line to get that "quick disconnect" off. Then tighten the coupler to hold the hard line. The local speed shop only had the "tubing to an adapter" in once size so I had to run an NTP fitting to make it work but you can order them in any size you want just about. I then used factory style quick disconnects on the fuel rail side.

    Click for full size

    Click for full size


    I'm not too familiar with the LS1 fuel setup. Do all years have a feed or return or just a feed?

    As far as the evap goes. You don't really need it. Pull the solenoid and lines. Do not plug the evap line running from the gas tank. Just leave it open so the fumes can vent freely. You'll throw evap codes but you can just get rid of those with HPtuners.
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! that looks awesome. I talked to Jegs a bunch of times and they kept telling me there is no way to go from hard line to AN w/out serious manipulation.

  8. #28
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    If your intake is off, why dont you just pull all that AIR shit out? You dont need it....
    I am I was worried that in doing so, it would have a negative effect. Didn't know what could/couldnt' go.

  9. #29
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I am I was worried that in doing so, it would have a negative effect. Didn't know what could/couldnt' go.
    From what I understand the AIR system just pumps air into your system to get the O2s/Cats to their performance level faster to get emissions lower faster. If you have/or are getting an off road y pipe you dont need it.

    Oh but it will set of a code, which can be turned off with a tune.

  10. #30
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    From what I understand the AIR system just pumps air into your system to get the O2s/Cats to their performance level faster to get emissions lower faster. If you have/or are getting an off road y pipe you dont need it.

    Oh but it will set of a code, which can be turned off with a tune.
    i yanked it out two trash days ago

  11. #31
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant LS1 View Post
    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    Alright this may be too obvious, but if there are AN quick connect fitting for the fuel rail end of the line, why not use the same AN quick connect fittings on the hard line side????

  12. #32
    The Generals Finest Deviant LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    136

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Alright this may be too obvious, but if there are AN quick connect fitting for the fuel rail end of the line, why not use the same AN quick connect fittings on the hard line side????
    On my particular application it wasn't a quick disconnect on the hard line. It was more of a flare/barb to hold a heat-molded nylon line. I had to cut the nylon fuel line off the hard line and then cut the barb off to get a nice clean piece of line. Sorry for the confusion.

    Do the LS1's use a quick disconnect style fitting on the factory hard line?
    Last edited by Deviant LS1; 03-13-2009 at 05:56 PM.

  13. #33
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    oh ok...yeah you might be correct. Alot of GM cars are like that.
    I just went out and looked at my 99 'Bird and it has quick connect on both the fuel rail side and the hard line.

  14. #34
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    oh ok...yeah you might be correct. Alot of GM cars are like that.
    I just went out and looked at my 99 'Bird and it has quick connect on both the fuel rail side and the hard line.
    oh well...

  15. #35
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Yeah TSS, I looked back at your photos and it looks like you have the quick connect flare on your hard lines so you should be able to use a quick connect on both ends of the braided lines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: C5 Vette fuel lines
    By kingls1 in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM
  2. Question: Fuel lines
    By kingls1 in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 06:56 AM
  3. fuel lines
    By Ls_won in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 07:02 PM
  4. Question: fuel lines
    By pewter Z28 in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
  5. Question: fuel lines
    By 2000dreambird in forum External Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •