Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

air and fuel lines

This is a discussion on air and fuel lines within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Part 1: Air lines...this is a continuation from an older thread. I had noticed a broken air line (A) and ...

  1. #1
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Question air and fuel lines

    Part 1: Air lines...this is a continuation from an older thread. I had noticed a broken air line (A) and it never threw a code, so i followed the line (B first pic to B second pic) and put a cap on it at that joice-is that ok?






    Part 2: i'm trying to attach 6AN braided line to the main hard fuel line(A)-but i don't know what i need to do it. Also-is it true that the Evap line (B) can be capped off b/c it's only for emissions? There is currently fuel in that line, is it ok to cap it where it is?

  2. #2
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,997

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    I believe you did part 1 correctly.
    Part 2 however looks like the fuel return line, not the evap purge line. Especially since it has fuel in it.

  3. #3
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I believe you did part 1 correctly.
    Part 2 however looks like the fuel return line, not the evap purge line. Especially since it has fuel in it.
    the car is a 2000...is it possible i had 2 fuel lines? Line B DID have an evap regulator cap on it for sure.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Part 1 is your secondary air injection system. After startup, the electric air pump in front of your left front tire pushes air into the exhaust manifolds through the air valve. The line "A" is the vacuum supply to the air valve from the electric solenoid. Surprised it hasn't thrown a code.

  5. #5
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Cool, so Part 1 is safe-anyone have any thoughts on part 2?

  6. #6
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Those lines need to be kept. 1 of them is the fuel return line and I think the other is a vent to the charcoal box. I would keep them if you ever plan on driving it on the street. Might have fuel issues otherwise

  7. #7
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,997

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Ok I just went and looked at mine. TSS you are correct. B in photo 2 is the evap purge line. You should be able to plug it but it might throw a SES light for a EVAP purge solenoid problem.

  8. #8
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Those lines need to be kept. 1 of them is the fuel return line and I think the other is a vent to the charcoal box. I would keep them if you ever plan on driving it on the street. Might have fuel issues otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Ok I just went and looked at mine. TSS you are correct. B in photo 2 is the evap purge line. You should be able to plug it but it might throw a SES light for a EVAP purge solenoid problem.
    conflicting info

    cutlass, are you talking about "issue 1, photo 2" or "issue 2?"

  9. #9
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,997

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    oops my bad issue 2 which is actually photo 3. B in photo 3 is the evap purge line. You should be able to plug it but it might throw a SES light for a EVAP purge solenoid problem.

  10. #10
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    oops my bad issue 2 which is actually photo 3. B in photo 3 is the evap purge line. You should be able to plug it but it might throw a SES light for a EVAP purge solenoid problem.
    THanks for clearifying. I was told that by an Ls1 mechanic too so I'm hoping the code is all that needs done.

  11. #11
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    id keep the evap because it helps regulate fuel tank pressure ..it would be a good thing to keep around since increase pressure = increase heat...it doesnt rob power or anything so i would keep it..piece of mind really

  12. #12
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    id keep the evap because it helps regulate fuel tank pressure ..it would be a good thing to keep around since increase pressure = increase heat...it doesnt rob power or anything so i would keep it..piece of mind really
    Yep. Evap is usually kept unless your running a fuel cell.

  13. #13
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    ok thanks guys! more or less worried b/c i'm running braided lines all over the engine now and was hoping i could cut some corners. thnks!

  14. #14
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    ok thanks guys! more or less worried b/c i'm running braided lines all over the engine now and was hoping i could cut some corners. thnks!
    cutting corners...you bastard

  15. #15
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    cutting corners...you bastard
    considering each line costs about $20 to run, yes i am

  16. #16
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    considering each line costs about $20 to run, yes i am
    you know it costs to play

  17. #17
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you know it costs to play
    since when did you graduate Mod School and become the professor?

  18. #18
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    since when did you graduate Mod School and become the professor?
    since i realized that cutting corners will come back to haunt you

  19. #19
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    i am not giving you a hard time jaison..i was just saying ..

  20. #20
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i am not giving you a hard time jaison..i was just saying ..
    it's cool man! I mean, only what, 5/6 months ago you were still asking "how should i mod my car" then in the last 7 days you post all kinda techy shit, what with that PM and all too! Good for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: C5 Vette fuel lines
    By kingls1 in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM
  2. Question: Fuel lines
    By kingls1 in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 06:56 AM
  3. fuel lines
    By Ls_won in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 07:02 PM
  4. Question: fuel lines
    By pewter Z28 in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
  5. Question: fuel lines
    By 2000dreambird in forum External Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •