red
    02 trans am ws6

Air/ fuel gauges

I finished up the s/c install and I purchased a 3 hole gauge pod, so I was wondering what gauges to put in it. I have the boost gauge in the pod and the fuel under the hood, now if I do the air/fuel gauge will I need two since I have true duals? Thanks

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

If you go A/F...make sure you go with a wideband. More costly, but worth it.

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Yeah, don't by an AFR guage and hook it up to the stock O2 sensors. All it will be is a glorified light show. Check out Innovate Motorsports. They have a setup that could help you out. IDK what to tell you for the last guage. A few that come to mind are trans temp (if it's an auto), oil temp, oil pressure, or possibly even coolant temp (since the stock guage is a dummy).

red
    02 trans am ws6

I spoke with a guy about the cheap air/fuel he also said "it's just a glorified light show" he mentioned to get an egt gauge, open for opinions on that.

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

EGT's are usually something someone running a turbo worries about since the hot exhaust has to go through the housing. I'm not sure why you'd need EGT information on a belt-driven, supercharged car.

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

IMO, if I were to do any forced induction I would go with fuel pressure, boost, wideband, EGT, and coolant temp (unless '98...their coolant temps actually work). I know this is more than three, but I like lots of feedback to make sure all is well. For the wide band I would just go with one in the y pipe. I don't believe there is any way to tune different fuel flows for the right or left bank so one on each side would be pointless. I think the #7 cylinder typically runs the leanest. I would double check that, but this would incline me to mount the egt probe in that exhaust tube and maybe even to put the wideband on the right bank.

Try the FORCED INDUCTION section. There should be some more folks over there who could share valuable insight.

Pewter
    '07 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    EGT's are usually something someone running a turbo worries about since the hot exhaust has to go through the housing. I'm not sure why you'd need EGT information on a belt-driven, supercharged car.
    EGT's are a concern for any forced induction, and even n/a as well. Running too lean can melt pistons real fast in any f/i application.

red
    02 trans am ws6

I worry because my brother just did an ATI on his silverado ss and blew apart the number 8 piston and shatterd the number 7. I appreciate the feedback

Thread Information