Thread: AIR delete

pewter
    2001 ws6 1994 z28

AIR delete

My car is completely stock no tune nothing at all im currently replaceing heag gaskets and lifters ..now that my car is tore all the way down could I delete all my air hoses were they go to manifold and back of intake without a tune ..and no negative effect ..and what all do I take off

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You can remove the pump, it is under the driver's headlight. You can remove the vacuum hoses that lead to the back of the driver's head. You can remove the hoses that lead to the exhaust manifolds. You will need block off plates to reinstall there. First expense. You also need to cap off vacuum hoses at back of driver's side head. Second, minor expense. Now, your car will throw codes, and your SES (service engine soon) light will be lit in your gauge cluster. Not a big deal, unless you have emissions to go through. If you have these, you will need to have the PCM retuned to eliminate this code. If you have a visual inspection you need to pass, then you will fail the visual. Usually, guys wait until they put in LT's (long tube headers) before eliminating the AIR system. Or, you have the AIR system fail. In either case, if you have to pass emissions, the codes will stop you.

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

I've been told that if you run RXP fuel additive prior to a non-visual emission check that the vehicle will still pass. Since I'm not in an emission county, I can't verify this. One negative that I did notice after removing all the AIR system plumbing and EGR is my fuel mileage, mainly while sitting at idle and slow city driving went down considerably. I attribute this mainly to the EGR delete, not the AIR system tho.

pewter
    2001 ws6 1994 z28

Yea my car doesnt have egr its a 01 and we have no emissions here either

Thread Information