silver
    2000 camaro

Air bag replacement help

Hey
    I was in an accident a couple weeks ago where both airbags were delpoyed. We just finished fixing the front of the car, but now that it comes time to fix the airbags, I dont know much about them.

Are there any sites that might have a helpful walkthrough or anything on them?
    Also what do I have to replace, obviously the 2 airbags and clockspring, will I have to replace the module too? And will I have to drop the steering column and take apart the whole dash to fix the passenger side airbag and get to the module.
    My last question is if the only sensor is inertia based and in the module, or are there actual sensors on the front of the car, I didnt see any sensors while the car was apart.

I appreciate any help someone can give me

Red
    2002 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
    Hey
    I was in an accident a couple weeks ago where both airbags were delpoyed. We just finished fixing the front of the car, but now that it comes time to fix the airbags, I dont know much about them.

Are there any sites that might have a helpful walkthrough or anything on them?
    Also what do I have to replace, obviously the 2 airbags and clockspring, will I have to replace the module too? And will I have to drop the steering column and take apart the whole dash to fix the passenger side airbag and get to the module.
    My last question is if the only sensor is inertia based and in the module, or are there actual sensors on the front of the car, I didnt see any sensors while the car was apart.

I appreciate any help someone can give me
    Honestly, I would leave that install up to a quality body shop or dealership as pricey as it may seem.
    Can't put a price on safety, you know.
    Or just cage it and go with a 5-point harness.

Thread Information