AFR On Wideband sweeps car looses power leans out dies!!!

This is a discussion on AFR On Wideband sweeps car looses power leans out dies!!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hello everyone, i hope someone can help me with this problem. My 2001 Z28 has started doing some shady stuff. ...

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

AFR On Wideband sweeps car looses power leans out dies!!!

Hello everyone, i hope someone can help me with this problem. My 2001 Z28 has started doing some shady stuff. Runs fine most of the time but every now and then when its already at operating temp it hesitates and gets lean. I was headed to my dads house and i was cruising about 50MPH with my throttle constant i feel the car start to gain and loose power while the AFR guage was sweeping from lean to rich constantly back and forth. It felt like i was playing with the throttle. Ok so when i got to my dads it would barely idle and when i tried to rev it, it just died. It cooled off about an hour and i drove home 15 min away and it was just fine. I'm wondering if my fuel pump is getting too hot at times and causing it or is there something else you guys think of that may be the problem. It had been runing just fine for about a year now. I have a 255lph pump thats about 2 yrs old. new fuel filter. Its not everytime i drive it either just so its not consitent no codes either. Last week i was going home same deal i had to stop at a gas station for 30 min then it ran ok for about 5 min and it started to act up. this time from a light i was able to rev it past 3000 dropped the hammer to it and it ran like it should. so then it got me thinking fuel pump produced the fuel at WOT?????? I'm confused
    can anyone chime in please, i need to get it sorted out i have a procharger on the way this week.
    Thanks in advance.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would probably start by checking fuel pressure while it's going on. That would either point you toward the pump or away from it. Does that pump whine louder than usual when it's going on? It could be a lot of things but the pressure is probably where I would start. Don't forget about the fuel filter either......how many miles are on it?

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

well the car is pretty loud so i'm not sure but i havent noticed it to be loud when i first turn the key on. Fuel filter is new couple weeks old. I have fuel pressure guage on it already i had just taken it off to run the fuel line for the nitrous.

Thread Information