Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AC failing to blow cold air

This is a discussion on AC failing to blow cold air within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; sorry the last thread was by me, my brother BOOBS was logged in in his name. Oh and to ad ...

Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar

black
    2000 trans am

sorry the last thread was by me, my brother BOOBS was logged in in his name. Oh and to ad to it pulling a vaccumn will tell you if you have a system leak.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdawg79
    yes im having same problem if my air system is eliminated would that mess with my ac i charged mine also
    The emmissions air pump system,and the air conditioning systems are two completely different things. One does not affect the other. I doubt the belt is slipping -but again pressure readings would show that. Overcharging can reduce cooling-and you need to compare high and low side pressures to diagnose everything else. Somethings need to be properly checked before the answer is found. It can still be a blend door problem for example. I've had alot of vacuum readings hold without problem and then the system still has a slow leak,something about the leak being kind of one-way or something. Injecting dye or a leak detector is more reliable,but still not fool proof.
    Last edited by 02z28ls1; 04-23-2006 at 05:01 PM.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Did you ever resolve the AC issue you were having, and if so, what the hell was the problem??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information