Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AC-Delco Iridium plugs

This is a discussion on AC-Delco Iridium plugs within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ditto. I vote for the Iridiums also. Just installed some NGK TR55 w/ those tips. Smoothed out my idle quite ...

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

Ditto. I vote for the Iridiums also. Just installed some NGK TR55 w/ those tips. Smoothed out my idle quite a bit. #8 was pie for me, but then again I have small hands and I took the coil packs off and already did the !AIR mod. #1 was the toughest one IMO because of the braided lines running from the brake's box on the drivers side. Hard to get a tool to it and of course #2 I had to pull the wire out of the boot as well. Took a little bit of effort to repair that one.

Red
    1998 WS6

I just put tr55's in my 98' WS6 second time for plugs.
    first time was @25,000 this time it was @ 32000... dont buy platinum 4's... they suck... I was running no muffler... and I am guessing that that is why they went so fast... Now I am curious about my valves... but the cutout is capped back up and my fingers are crossed.

The first time I did my plugs It took me 2 drunken days. I made a few tools myself. like: just the right size socket extension
    second time took me one hour total. Its good to have long skinny arms

arrest me red
    2000 Camaro SS

well heres the skinny, i started at 915 pm and i just finished its 1215am so it took me 3 hours and i even pulled out two wires from the boots, wasnt that hard to fix with wire strippers gotta get under it no way around it. just patience and alot of jack and coke bout half a bottle. well since your under there might as well check the exhaust bolts, ya never know if one of them bastards is gonna be loose. i also had to remove the EGR hose, i just unbolted the hose from the ex. manifold and then it moved freely and that was about it. it runs alot smoother although i havent had it on the road yet ill add that info later. but it idols smooth as hell.

02Z

Red
    02' Z28 M6

I bought the iridiums too. Almost more than $60 with tax. I did 1,3,5,7,2 last night in about 40 minutes without taking anything off. I did take off half of my index finger pulling off the #1 plug wire , I can barely type at work today. I think what made pulling the rest of the plug wires easier for me was that I turned the metal sleeve a few times, that seemed to loosen them ok. I did not have issues putting them back on. I may stand corrected since I have not started the car yet. I am doing 4,6,8 tonight. I am taking the air pipe and coil pack off for sure. Did anyone screw up the air pipe gasket? Since I have the car up, I am dong motor mounts next!.....and yes, neosporin!

"The plug wires were worse than the plugs for me. Ruined 2 wires removing them and had a hell of a time putting the back ones on, both sides.[/QUOTE]"

Light Metallic Pewter
    2000 Corvette Coupe

Good show! Neosporin and Fast Orange are 2 of my most intimate friends That's why I went iridium as I don't want to make changing plugs a hobby!

HO LS1 White Lt1
    99Z28 97SS #497

What is the P/N of the iridium AC plug? I'm doing a header install and removed the existing plugs; they are 41-952 AC's and they have an .080 gap! Are'nt the normal AC's a 41-932? Maybe these are the original plugs? 138k miles on the 99z28 LS1.

I'm putting new NGK T55's in but was wondering what a 41-952 is and if the previous guy mucked up?

Thanks

Camaro

41-985 $6.99 ea. at Autozone.

HO LS1 White Lt1
    99Z28 97SS #497

so what is a AC 41-952 used for? Anybodt know??

Camaro

41-952 is the stock plug.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Didn't delco just change the part numbers?

Camaro

It used to be 41-932 than it changed to 41-952 but who knows with gm. I've found alot of NGK Platnums in brand new Camaros and Corvettes as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information