Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AC blows warm air

This is a discussion on AC blows warm air within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by sunsetorangess Midas, Meinke and jiffylube are just quick oil change places, Save yourself time and heartache by ...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Midas, Meinke and jiffylube are just quick oil change places, Save yourself time and heartache by searching for the right shop for the job. Iv had too many customers come to me to fix things that were messed up by the other places.
    J
    and i wouldnt even trust their oil... many places get recycled oil. now i know it has been cleaned and everything, but still... (or so i have heard, please correct me if i am wrong)

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Lol i wouldnt doubt it honestly, Iv heard some wild horror stories...
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    1998 Z28

anybody know where to get the wiring diagrams for the ac unit in the lt1 cars having a ac issue in it and pinned it down to an electrical just dont know what wire is to what connector on the damn brain

Black
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I'd try swapping the AC Compressor relay in the underhood block with another relay in there like the AIR Pump or something. While you're at it check the bottom of the relay for green corrosion.
    Another idea is to run a new ground wire (the black one) for the compressor.
    At least these 2 ideas will help narrow it down somewhat.
    Ok finally had time to look at it again. I have power to the plug at compressor with plug detached and this will cycle several times with no problem I even attached the plug while powered up and compressor started, then turned AC off and it would not come back on. Checked voltage again (while plugged in) and it was zero and would not power up at all. I checked the ground wire at the plug and have .001 ohms to ground. Relay checks out also, even switched with air pump and still no luck. While compressor is running the voltage would still maintain 12 volts.
    Why would it work with compressor unplugged (every time I switched it on) and then not work while plugged in?

Thanks again for any help,
    Marc

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Oh brotha thats a tough one...hmmm. There is a 10 pin inline connector that the compressor clutch power runs through that could be a suspect.
    Its located under the hood on the RF wheel well/shock tower in the area between the PCM and the battery.
    The wire colors should be PINK or PINK/WHITE, DK GREEN/WHITE, DK GREEN, GRAY, DK BLUE, BROWN, PINK, DK BLUE, DR GREEN, BLACK
    You wanna check terminals B (DARK GREEN/WHITE) for the relay control and C (DARK GREEN) for the compressor clutch.

Black
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Oh brotha thats a tough one...hmmm. There is a 10 pin inline connector that the compressor clutch power runs through that could be a suspect.
    Its located under the hood on the RF wheel well/shock tower in the area between the PCM and the battery.
    The wire colors should be PINK or PINK/WHITE, DK GREEN/WHITE, DK GREEN, GRAY, DK BLUE, BROWN, PINK, DK BLUE, DR GREEN, BLACK
    You wanna check terminals B (DARK GREEN/WHITE) for the relay control and C (DARK GREEN) for the compressor clutch.
    Ill be trying this out soon, thanks again.

Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information