Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

ABS / TCS Inoperative?

I performed the first step of the break-in procedure for the Moser 12 bolt this evening. With the car in the air, I ran it in drive and then in reverse for about 3 minutes each. I turned the TCS off as the wheels would simply be spinning free. About a minute or so into the "drive" portion of the break-in, the ABS INOP light triggered.

The new axles have the entire ABS/TCS setup swapped over, including the reluctor rings and everything is plugged in. Would running the car with the rear off the ground cause the system to malfunction? Unfortunately, I do not have a brake code reader so I have no way of diagnosing the cause of the warning lights. Also, the TCS will not re-engage now.

NOTE: I have also installed a line lock and the entire brake system was vacuum bled.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i have heard of "ABS INOP" problems before, but ive never managed to find an explanation

My last camaro did that everytime I went over 100 and stayed on until i restarted it....never slammed on the breaks to try it or anything

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

It set the light because you ran it on the hoist. It expects to see the front and rear tires moving. It happens to me every time I need to run a car on a hoist. The lights might just turn off after a couple drives and the codes will clear them selves after a long while. Or you can have a shop/dealer clear them for you.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

If you run the rears without the fronts turning you'll throw a light. It will clear quickly once you're moving or reset the PCM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Same thing happened to me when I had to check my current carrier. Had the car on the lift and got the "ABS Fault!" light/chime while on the lift. Went away once on the ground and moving.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ok -- that's good to hear, thanks for the replies! Hopefully it'll reset itself.

My understanding is that you need a special code reader to access the braking system fault codes. I've never had any brake issues before, so I do not own one. Anyone know if the Actron unit is any good: http://actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16349 Might not be a bad tool to add to the box since all our DD's have ABS.

Thread Information