Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

99 and 00 ls1

This is a discussion on 99 and 00 ls1 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Hey Wesman,,,I believe it is SLP that makes an LS6 intake that has the EGR provision ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hey Wesman,,,I believe it is SLP that makes an LS6 intake that has the EGR provision you are looking for.
    Pretty sure it's SLP,,,I could be wrong,,,but I know for a fact there is an LS6 intake on the market with EGR.
    Did you fit an open breather on the driverside valve cover back by the firewall? I just had that valve cover off of mine today,,,and that darn crank case hose is way in the back, with alot of other stuff around it. It would have to be a pretty tiny breather to fit on my car on the driver side or I would have to clear out some room Larry.
    Thanks for the info, good to know that I can use it with my EGR.

Yep, I stuck breather filters on the back of the valve cover where the stock hoses for the PCV came off of. One on each side, just go to your local Autozone/Advance Auto and pick up the small valve cover breather filters, they fit perfectly. Just slide them over the existing tube and clamp them down with the supplied hose clamp. I also drilled out my oil cap and stuck a breather filter in that. I made the hole about the same size as the filter inlet so I could push it in and it would stay without needing to be held in. Just pops in and out when I need to remove it. So I have a total of 3 breathers, 1 in front 2 in the back

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    It is indeed SLP. If you are not tuning soon or state requires emissions you could just get the one from SLP with the EGR provisions, they are on sale right now. I myself am debating on that intake or going with 90/90 combo since I plan on going with a mild cam in the spring.
    Okay cool. If I go with the LS6 intake, I'll just buy the SLP one with the provisions then. Thanks.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Okay cool. If I go with the LS6 intake, I'll just buy the SLP one with the provisions then. Thanks.
    !EGR & ! AIR

rip those bitches out & go up to EastSide Performance in Wallingford CT for a kick ass tune PM me & ill give you their contact info & Sean will take care of you... and they'll delete all codes so they wont reset

PS- just have the car inspected right before the work so you have a year to get the dynotune

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADDLS1 View Post
    !EGR & ! AIR

rip those bitches out & go up to EastSide Performance in Wallingford CT for a kick ass tune PM me & ill give you their contact info & Sean will take care of you... and they'll delete all codes so they wont reset

PS- just have the car inspected right before the work so you have a year to get the dynotune
    Sounds pretty good, but CT isn't exactly a close distance away, and I don't have $400 to spend on a dyno tune. I'm sure they would do a great job though.

What I'd like to find is someone local with the unlimited version of HP Tuners/LS1 Edit, and throw em $50-$100 to adjust the A/F ratio and VE tables for the headers. That would be perfect.

Black
    2000 Camaro

I have a 2000 SS with 52K on it and have never had a problem or heard of it!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information