Red
    1998 Firebird T/A WS6

98 WS6 Emissions?

Hi guys,

I've got a 98 WS6, with flowmaster cat back, K&N cold air. the guy that had it before me had it mustang dyno'd it showed 309 rwhp, not too bad realy. But i'd like to get it up around 400 rwhp.

So my question is does anyone know what mods, bolt-ons etc. i can do without failing emissions testing?

I live in the Seattle, Wa area and unfortunately they require emission testing where i live, if i lived about 20 miles out i wouldnt have to worry about it.

I know i can get some pacesetter headers that are 50 state emissions legel. But what about Cam, intake, etc.

Sorry about the rambling post

Casey

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

get a new cat back and you will get around 320-325...flowmaster sucks for ls1's

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

jesus, dont listen to that garbage, a new muffler would only get you 5 hp MAX, i have a flowmaster and it sounds fucking great compared to others

Red
    1998 Firebird T/A WS6

hrm.. i like the way it sounds personally. Though the guy i bought it from said it was borla... But i've got it up in the air doing a transmission rebuild and notice the muffler said flowmaster..

My list of "todo's" are LS6 intake, pacesetter headers, p/p TB, then probably a retuning..

But i'm trying to keep it emissions legal so i dont know if i can get away with chaning out the heads and cam or not...

black
    1988 RS

it really depends..you probably can get away with cam that would be close to stock with specs...ls1 is a clean running engine, so you should be alright..usually internals is really a guess game, so good luck with that..do you live in regular or enhanced area?

Red
    1998 Firebird T/A WS6

As far as I know its just standard WA state emissions requirements. if I lived where my buddy lives I wouldn’t even need to worry about it, I probably wont do too much to it any how at least for a bit.

I was tossing around the idea of porting the heads, when I get the money I definitely want an LS6 intake, and I’m probably going to put some pacesetter headers on there. They claim to be emissions safe so I shouldn’t go too wrong there.

Thread Information