98 camaro wiper problem

This is a discussion on 98 camaro wiper problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; OK in short I never had problems before a hood swap. Now afterwards my wipers when turned off go all ...

98 camaro wiper problem

OK in short I never had problems before a hood swap. Now afterwards my wipers when turned off go all the way to end of there stroke and stop in the middle of the windshield. Occasionally when turned off they will stop in the stock postion at the bottom. I replaced my hood and fender (dr) on the drivers side there is a finger size gap because the fender needs shimmed. When I first bought the car it was missing the under hood fuses box covers . So I thought maybe there was a wiper relay wet and causing this problem because I had a previous car do the same.. I ordered the covers and there isnt a relay labeled wipers on it and after looking around Im dumbfounded.. SO any advice greatly appreciated.

no one?

Don't have the answer, but has got to be something that happened with the hood swap. The WIPER/WASH fuse inside the car in the main fuse box controls the motor and the wiper/wash switch. Only thing I can think of is maybe the motor electrical connector got knocked loose or something? According to my helms after turning the switch off the motor should still have power to put them in the park position. Sorry not much help....

well that was better then nothing thanks..

black
    2002 WS6

there is also a known issue with the control circuit board having bad solder joints. It was mostly limited to the truck line, but has shown up in few other vehicles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    there is also a known issue with the control circuit board having bad solder joints. It was mostly limited to the truck line, but has shown up in few other vehicles as well.
    issue shows my symptoms?

black
    2002 WS6

its possible, on my dads suburban they would come on at random times or not at all, the problem affected the timing circuitry. IF you can find one that is know to be good give it a try. One more thing to check, is make sure any wires running to motor are hooked up and not crimped any where.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we had talked about it some in this thread. Not sure if the original poster ever got his fixed. No update so I take it he hasn't yet. It seems odd that it would do it immediately after your hood install but I really see no way the hood install would cause your problem so I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence.

Thread Information