live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

69 camaro engine swap

at the end of the summer i will be swapping out the 307 in my 69 camaro for a 350 crate engine out of a 73 stingray. my question is there any parts that will need changing or since there both small blocks should it just fit into place.... this is my first swap so im kinda in the dark about what im doin, so any advice would help... thanks

Western Maryland LS1's

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Sounds pretty straight forward. should be a simple swap all the way through. Just don't discard anything and I mean anything from the 307 such as brackets and hardware, until you are done. 69's like BB too

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

oh, i know.... i wish i had the cash... but unfortunatly im doin the poor college student thing right now..... but im plannin to keep this car my whole life, so a big block is definetly in the plans down the line.... can u say 572!

pimpin the black on black

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid
    oh, i know.... i wish i had the cash... but unfortunatly im doin the poor college student thing right now..... but im plannin to keep this car my whole life, so a big block is definetly in the plans down the line.... can u say 572!

hey bro why don't you just save your money and put it towards the 572? I mean yeah the 350 would be a nice upgrade from the 307 but why fork out the money now only to replace it later, if that's the motor you really want. Just my .02.

by the way that will be one sick ass camaro w/ the 572...i'd get wood everytime i started it up.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

well the reason is that the 350 has roughly 100 more horsepower, runs more efficient, 15 mpg as opposed to my 11 with the 307 and only has 45k miles on it to my 110k... plus im gettin it for a steal at only 750 bucks... the 572 is around 14 grand and many years away... i wanna be able to do some decent racing in the mean time.... but someday ill have a sweet engine, with more power than i have brains.... then ill die more than likely... but itll be fun, and thats good enough for me haha

Thread Information