Thread: 6.0 vs LS1

super nova

6.0 vs LS1

I have been looking for a LS1 to put in my 1970 nova, and recently I ran across a 6.0L out of a newer chevy pickup. My question is what is the difference between the two, and if I used this 6.0L would it sound the same as an LS1 and are readly available to buil one of these motors up for a turbo set up. If all else fails can anyone tell me where I can get a decent used LS1 to build in the houston, TX area. THanks

reed98

Re: 6.0 vs LS1

to start with an 6.0l is rated at 345 horse while most ls1 are at 320. the heads are better on a 6.0. the will both fit in the same place. all bracket are same. the ls1 is 350 cubic inches and the 6.0 is 364, so already u have a 14 more cubic inches to play with

Green
    1998 Z28 - A4

I think that it might be a little harder to find parts for a 6.0 and it might be more expensive.. but that is my thoughts

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by midnight-Z28
    I think that it might be a little harder to find parts for a 6.0 and it might be more expensive.. but that is my thoughts
    The parts are all the same.
    Only difference...block is iron on the 6.0L, and the alternator bracket is punched different on the 6.0L.

I am putting a stroked 6.0L block into my Trans Am here very soon. Just gotta get all the little parts.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Thread Information