Thread: 6.0 lq9

PEWTER
    2001 SS

6.0 lq9

Hey whats up guys, I found someone selling a LQ9 block from a '06 very cheap and before i jump on it i wanted to make sure that parts i have already bought for my 01 LS1 block parts are compatible such: camshaft, crank, cam sensor, crank sensor, valley cover and other engine parts.

Another question: whats the difference between the 24 tooth reluctor crank and 58 tooth reluctor cranks?
    Thx in advance for your help guys.

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

Yes most all the parts that you have bought will be direct boltons/boltins. Just remember the dish pistons are the only thing that make the difference between a lq4 or lq9.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by WS6SP33D View Post
    Yes most all the parts that you have bought will be direct boltons/boltins. Just remember the dish pistons are the only thing that make the difference between a lq4 or lq9.
    rods should be slightly different as well!!!

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    rods should be slightly different as well!!!
    Yes Very true. Both engines use roller lifters and non-roller tipped rocker arms. Both use the same heads, rockers, lifters, heads, even cams (99-00' LQ4 slightly different). The LQ9 has the higher compression pistons and stronger connecting rods compared to early LQ4's. Also the 99-00' 6.0's had a "longer" crankshaft that didn't require a spacer to run with a 4L80 trans, the 01'+ used a space between the rear face of the crankshaft and the flexplate to adapt to the 4L80E or sans spacer to bolt right up to a 60/65e trans. LQ9's have a floating pistons/rod combo where the LQ4 uses a press fit wrist pin.

Thread Information