Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

572 Vs 383 what should i do?

This is a discussion on 572 Vs 383 what should i do? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm telling you i think he should build the 402 or 408 but thats my head and my world. The ...

Black
    2000 CamaroSS Intimidator

I'm telling you i think he should build the 402 or 408 but thats my head and my world. The 383 is good motor but heard of people having tons of problem with them after bout 10k miles

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by In Search of LS1 View Post
    I'm telling you i think he should build the 402 or 408 but thats my head and my world. The 383 is good motor but heard of people having tons of problem with them after bout 10k miles
    What kinds of problems, how bad did these people beat the engine. 10k is barely outa break in miles isnt it? + RPM has said they can build one that would be easily daily driveable. Sec

"My 383 LT1 builds are usually 430-470 RWHP N/A and on a ported stock intake manifold, aftermarket heads, and is 100% daily drivable. There is more on the table for guys willing to pay for a sheet metal intake.

Build costs are between $4500-$6500 depending.

ALL my builds will take up to a 200 shot of nitrous or up to 10 psi of boost.

The options are only limited to ones budget.

On a side note*"

Is what Billy said
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 01-20-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Black

Most common is overheating and alot that i no of have thrown a piston through the block i just dont trust them but i've had bad exp with them ya no and they were all bought second hand being previously built

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Most common is overheating and alot that i no of have thrown a piston through the block i just dont trust them but i've had bad exp with them ya no and they were all bought second hand being previously built
    Well RPM knows their shit. I dont think theyd build me a shitty engine and i think if something went seriously wrong theyd correct it.

Black

Oh i no they do i' just giving my two cents man

red
    2000 camaro ss

i think you're bad experience is not worth scarin this guy. most builds are reliable for long time, hands down.

Black

How is it scary it the truuth he is gonna run it down the 1/8 or 1/4 or street light to street light. Maybe he needs to no what i've seen who are you to be the judge ot that?

red
    2000 camaro ss

whoa, easy killer. you seem to have bad experience w/ LT motors, and i'm sayin most people who have LT builds have long lasting, reliable motors. even the guys that run 'em hard down the strip. you're bad experience is not worth scarin this guy into sweatin where his money goes. not worth losin sleep over, he can be confident that those guys are buildin him a good motor.

your experience is certainly welcome, i dont have the power to regulate what you type and even if i did, all i woulda done was add what i said and called it a day. which i will be doing now.
    Last edited by side2000; 01-20-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Im pretty confident, as long as i dont beat the crap out of it and let it finish its break in miles im sure everything will be fine.

Black

I didnt mean to come off like that sorry

red
    2000 camaro ss

I didnt mean to come off like that sorry
    it's all good i wasn't sweatin it. it's really hard for anyone to portray "how they say stuff" through typing. that is the cause of many confrontation on forums IMO.

light grey
    1978 Volvo 242GT

Engine Project Should Be Paid With Savings

What I am not hearing here is how you are going to pay for the engine project now. Am I missing something here? Do you have the dedicated savings NOW to do the engine? Do you have money saved NOW?

Respectfully here, maybe you need to hear this. I understand your need for speed; was once there myself. Very fun indeed. If you can REALLY afford it, then go for it. If not, then why even think about it right now?

Your "future job earnings" may evaporate if you find you have NO JOB waiting. Do you have at least one year's income already in the bank? If not, maybe you should be thinking about the rent and food instead. HB of CJ age 59

economic reality based upon experience post.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

I'm not really any help, but my dad has a 383 stroker in his truck and my God I love driving this bastard. Gobs and gobs or torque, spins and spins. lol As for reliability he hasn't had any problems with it since he had the stroker put in about 15 years ago. Gas mileage is a bitch though, 5-6mpg. That's cruising along at 55mph.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Ok first off if your talking about spending that kind of money WHY in God's name would you waste time building a LT motor?

Second that 572 is a boat anchor. Yeah it makes plenty of power but for 1 it's heavy as shit and for two it's way too much TQ on the street unless you enjoy blowing the tires off.

If it was me I would MOST likely build a LS style motor with the new LSX block for MANY reasons. First being you can build a 454 ci small block.
    For that matter you can buy a LS2 from Summit for $6777
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...1&autoview=sku
    400hp already with that bullshit stock cam. Put a custom ground nitrous cam and a 175 shot and you'll have your 600+ hp ALL Day.

It will be much better than any 383 LT type motor in MANY ways.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

If you're worried about the nitrous tune not running well when not spraying just get the Harris controller, it'll correct that by adding fuel and pulling timing only when spraying so you can maintain your N/A tune for daily driving.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

my son has a 572 which is a high block , do not think you can get it under the windsheild, if you go 572 chk if it will run on pump gas ( son's will - 725/695) as most 572 will not
    just some think to think about, Johnny
    Y2K SS (SLP #239)
    Completly STOCK heads/bore/stroke/weight
    & NOTHING else ---is stock
    "NAW-NAW- just a Sunday goto meeting car, my best time is not in the 12's------- any more "
    ps: I am not soliticing work as I am retired
    >>>info on alignments
    http://www.jgruggles.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information