black
    98 z28 m6

Talking 488 motor questions

Wellllll......lets say today i almost crapped myself in excitement...My friend and i went to look at a car for him (eclipse) but nevermind that pos lol...As im there looking at the clipse i spot something that looks like a nascar in this guys garage. I ask him about it, blah blah blah...Go in to look at it and it turns out its an older arca car. I loved it and all but i never thought it would be for sale and if it was he would want a fortune for it. He tells me everything about it that he knew, 488 from a 350 chevy block he said (is that possible for a 350???), 600tq at the wheels (i forget the hp) some kind of 4 speed tranny...He then proceeded to start up and HOLY MOTHER OF BLEEEEEEP did this thing sound retartedly retarted! I remark to him how nice it sounds and all but i was in a rush to get going to pick up my gf. As i start to walk away he goes...hey, by the way, its forsale, $5,000 for the whole car. At that point i had a smile up to my ears. I ran to my car and grabbed my video camera and took some pics, not videos, which i should have while it was running but oh well. The pics arent that great, my video camera takes bad pics, good video though haha. Now my questions...

Will this motor even fit in my car, im pretty sure it would. How about the rear on it? The tranny wouldent be for me, id prolly get rid of it and build a good 6 speed. Only bad thing i see is that if i would put this in my car, it couldent be my daily driver anymore. Maybe im getting too excited?

Last edited by ttocs; 04-21-2006 at 01:00 PM.

Thread Information