Thread: 4 High Mod

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

4 High Mod

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a 4 High Mod. Where the low beams stay on when you turn on the high beams. And if so where there are some instructions.

I found this http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...-all-time.html but it is for trucks, will the same process work for a Camaro?

Thanks

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

for anyone else interested in doing this i found a writeup on ls1tech

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721179

And then this shows how to hake your fogs stay on

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ight=high+four

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

What's the purpose?
    Last edited by rbob93; 12-29-2007 at 09:09 PM.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Painless makes a kit that i installed on our 99' K2500 its a great mod for pretty cheap, i dont know if the same kit will work on fbods or not
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    What's the purpose?
    So yo can have all of your lights on at once. The amount of extra light is amazing i did it and am happy with it.

And it took literally like 30 min. to do and cost maybe a dollar. Because I already had wire.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMoss View Post
    So yo can have all of your lights on at once. The amount of extra light is amazing i did it and am happy with it.

And it took literally like 30 min. to do and cost maybe a dollar. Because I already had wire.
    You drive with them all on???!!!

And I thought people that drove with thier fog lights on were bad. Geesh!

Are you really having that hard a time seeing at night??

You drive with them all on???!!!

And I thought people that drove with thier fog lights on were bad. Geesh!

Are you really having that hard a time seeing at night??
    Yes it's a great idea,,,although I only did the high beam mod,,,,my fog lights still turn off with the high beams,,,,but I always thought it was cheesy that the low beams would shut off when the high beams came on,,,,old cars never did this with 4 headlight systems,,,,just these cheap ass composite headlights do it.

And yes it is a big help at night. Out here in the country where I live there are deer running everywhere. I dodge them about once a week or so,,,,,so all the light I can have at night the better off I am,,,to see those damn deer coming before they get into the street.

Besides,,,,you turn them off when you see cars coming,,,thats just common curtousy.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yes it's a great idea,,,although I only did the high beam mod,,,,my fog lights still turn off with the high beams,,,,but I always thought it was cheesy that the low beams would shut off when the high beams came on,,,,old cars never did this with 4 headlight systems,,,,just these cheap ass composite headlights do it.

And yes it is a big help at night. Out here in the country where I live there are deer running everywhere. I dodge them about once a week or so,,,,,so all the light I can have at night the better off I am,,,to see those damn deer coming before they get into the street.

Besides,,,,you turn them off when you see cars coming,,,thats just common curtousy.
    Likely they made the lows go off as a safety factor, too many times I would see someone on the road with all four blazing away blinding the oncoming traffic.
    Deer?? Yes I see them all the time too, I think with the halogens it's way overkill though.
    Highbeams work fine for me.
    Now six volt system will make you want more light! hehehe

And yeah, you're supposed to turn them off when you see cars coming, but we live in a dis-courteous "I'm the only one that matters" time now.
    Can't tell you how many times I've seen an oncoming car with HID lights & figured he just HAD to have his fog lamps on too!
    Hell, you could signal the space shuttle with those things.
    Last edited by rbob93; 12-31-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

those are good write ups!!! i gotta do this when it warms up outside

Likely they made the lows go off as a safety factor, too many times I would see someone on the road with all four blazing away blinding the oncoming traffic.
    Deer?? Yes I see them all the time too, I think with the halogens it's way overkill though.
    Highbeams work fine for me.
    Now six volt system will make you want more light! hehehe

And yeah, you're supposed to turn them off when you see cars coming, but we live in a dis-courteous "I'm the only one that matters" time now.
    Can't tell you how many times I've seen an oncoming car with HID lights & figured he just HAD to have his fog lamps on too!
    Hell, you could signal the space shuttle with those things.
    Ya there are people out there that think it's all about them,,,but should we all suffer without a 4 headlight system just because of a few rotten apples?
    I'm sure as hell not going to. 4 headlight systems have been around forever. Modifying these composite lights so all four work with high beams really isn't changing anything,,,there are still a ton of cars on the road today with factory 4 headlight systems, I even have a couple of them sitting in the garage, it's nothing new at all really. Most of us have been driving with systems like that for the last 30 years. The more light I can have out here the better off I am. Besides,,,I am one of the few that DO actually turn them off when traffic is around.

Around here if you don't you have everyone flashing back at you,,,,lol. I even have a few people out here in the country that flash me even when riding around with the low beams on. I don't get that much at all in the city. I believe it's due to the very dark country roads with no street lights anywhere. Headlights just seem brighter out here. But having all 4 staying on when engaging the high beams is a much needed addition here,,,,You should see my wifes jeep, now I could get pulled over running all the lights on that at once,,,,it pulls the volt gauge down something fierce

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

As soon as the weather gets nice enough to get the car in the shop I'm doing this, I live out in BFE too and this would be great for me cause it always seems like I am the only one on the roads at night. About safety though, we have people with KC's wired into their brights around here and no one cares, hell I was thinking about gettin a set for my dd makes driving at night out where the wild things live much safer.

Black
    2000 / SS

I know here in VA if your fog lights stay on w/ the high beams shops will actually fail your state inspection... hate this damn state.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P. View Post
    As soon as the weather gets nice enough to get the car in the shop I'm doing this, I live out in BFE too and this would be great for me cause it always seems like I am the only one on the roads at night. About safety though, we have people with KC's wired into their brights around here and no one cares, hell I was thinking about gettin a set for my dd makes driving at night out where the wild things live much safer.
    I understand completely. There are so many deer running around out here the cops are actually shooting them now. And they just passed an ordinance that allows house owners to shoot on sight as well,,,,even in congested neighborhoods,,,yikes. But the deer are so thick I actually pucker at night anymore when I get one of the nicer cars out for a drive.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 01-01-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboycntdnce View Post
    I know here in VA if your fog lights stay on w/ the high beams shops will actually fail your state inspection... hate this damn state.
    Now thats a state I wouldn't want to live in,,,,,how rediculous that sounds.

I don't have my fog lights wired to stay on,,,,they actually shut off when I hit the high beams,,,,it's the low beam headlights that I have staying on,,,much like an original 4 headlight system would do anyway.

I have found this to be enough light at this point so I haven't found it necessary for the fog lights to stay lit. I kind of wonder if that would be too much load on the circuit though anyway. Or are they on seperate circuits?

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Did the 4 light mod and it works fine, but

I did the part for the fog lights, just the first part under the hood with the relay wire. According to this writeup, the foglights should operate while the high beams are on, well in my case that is partly right....whenever the high beams are on my foglights are actually on whether the switch is on or off, i can not turn the fogs off if the high beams are on. Is this the way this mods is supposed to be, because i was under the impression you would still have full control of your fogs

I grounded the side of the green wire coming out off the back of the fuse block/relay

Also if the exact same wire is the one you are cutting at the fog light switch why not just ground the end you cut at the relay, or are the 2 green wires different and just the same color

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV 02 - Z28 View Post
    Did the 4 light mod and it works fine, but

I did the part for the fog lights, just the first part under the hood with the relay wire. According to this writeup, the foglights should operate while the high beams are on, well in my case that is partly right....whenever the high beams are on my foglights are actually on whether the switch is on or off, i can not turn the fogs off if the high beams are on. Is this the way this mods is supposed to be, because i was under the impression you would still have full control of your fogs

I grounded the side of the green wire coming out off the back of the fuse block/relay

Also if the exact same wire is the one you are cutting at the fog light switch why not just ground the end you cut at the relay, or are the 2 green wires different and just the same color
    I think that the fogs just come on with highs, that is the way mine is i think that the part that has to do with the switch is just so that light on the switch will turn on with the highs because i didn't do it and when i turn on my highs the fogs come on but the light on the switch doesn't. When i turn on my highs all six of the lights come on.

Thread Information