artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

3 problems/questions that I could really use your insight on

Start off by saying she is a 99 trans am and a bit of back story to when all this started happening is after a really bad storm down here and I hit a big puddle while merging onto the highway pretty badly.

Problem 1: ever since then my service engine light will come on for about 3 days and then go off for 1 and so on. After a scan it throws codes for my o2 sensors. Guy at the parts store said I should possibly try unhooking them for a bit and then putting them back in to see if that fixes. Would that help? and could anyone tell me where to find my sensors..pics/diagram would be most helpful.

Problem 2: My passenger side blinker turns on and works but doesn't blink is there an easy fix for this?

Problem 3: I had noticed a weird noise coming from my car after I turn her off every now and then. Well today finally had time to look under the hood while this noise was occurring and noticed steam rising from my coolant reservoir (which was extremely hot to touch) and deduced the sounds were bubbling noises coming from it/the places where it pumps. After giving it some time to cool I checked the reservoir and noticed the dipstick was all brown and crusty as well as the inside of the cap. I have no idea where to begin as to how to fix this issue. Should I completely flush the coolant?

As always and all help is appreciated

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Problem 1: No.

Problem 3: You could have sucked water up the intake. Is your filter dry? Oil nice and clean? Yes flush the coolant, I flush mine once a year, but that's alittle over kill. You may have gotten water into the reservoir.

Problem 2: The socket is most likely bad, if it isn't simply the bulb. You can buy new sockets at the autoparts store, its pretty common for them to burn up.

artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

Dang was really hoping to avoid having to buy new sensors.

Was thinking something like that may have been the case. Checked my filter and it is bone dry I didn't take a look at my oil though going to have to give that a look over. Ya thanks I'll give that a try as the duration and level of that puddle could have caused to get in.

Ya bulb works fine and cool I'll try changing out the socket and see if that works.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Did the guy at least clear your codes?
    Last edited by KMdef9; 04-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

check the light socket and make sure they are clean. Replace it/them if needed. If the other turn signals don't work then replace the flasher.

I will suggest fulsing your coolant system and change your thermostat.

If you cleared the O2 sensor codes and they came back most likely you need new sensors. I just did mine and it was $140 for 2 of them. If you look from underneath your car you will see your exhaust pipe coming from the engine. If your car is stock exhaust and have no headers you have 2 o2 sensors per side. You will see a sensor before the catalyst converter and one after it. The most important one is the one prior but if the one after is bad it will throw a code. The one after tells the PCM if the cats are doing the job. you have to see what o2 sensor code is to figure out which ones are the ones to replace.

The sensor looks like the one is this picture.

Thread Information