2007 chevy impala rear spindle rods

This is a discussion on 2007 chevy impala rear spindle rods within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Has anybody had any dealings with real inside rear tire wear on 2007 chevy impala. My stepson's car has 46000 ...

White
    2007 chevy impala

Angry 2007 chevy impala rear spindle rods

Has anybody had any dealings with real inside rear tire wear on 2007 chevy impala. My stepson's car has 46000 miles and on the third set of tires. Supposedly there is a customer satisfaction bulletin out that the rear spindle rods needs replacing but only on police package cars. There are numerous complaints about the same condition except they not police package cars. Is there anything that can be done??????
    Last edited by Donald Wayne; 03-12-2009 at 08:13 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Best advise I have is maintain proper tire pressure and regular tire rotations (6000 to 9000 miles). Also have an alignment done and get a print out of the before and after measurements. You could request some special specs for the rear camber and toe if the factory specs are giving you wear issues. The factory specs call for neg camber (tops of tires tipped inward towards center of the vehicle) and pos toe (Toe in).
    Because it inner edge wear I would request the rear camber to be closer to 0 degrees or a little positive. Probably +.2 to -.3 degrees. The factory wants it at around -.65 to -.9 degrees.
    The rear toe spec is good at +.1 degrees but the acceptable tolerance is +or- .2 so its possible to have neg toe and be "within spec". So I'd special request to make sure its slightly pos (Toe in)

Thread Information