Drk Blue

2005 silverado rear brakes

ok heres the story:
    My brakes have always worked great and recently back brakes(drums) started making noise to change. so thats what i did. it was easy 1 spring and 1 metal spring and the adujuster. very easy but here is the problem:
    Now when i drove forward the brakes would go all the way down to floor and barley stop and the emergency brake didnt work. i did the drive forward and back thing and no change. So i adjusted the rear brakes alot on both side and the emergency brake just barley holds and the truck brakes a litte better but now there another problem:
    The truck still has a hard time braking unless i slam on the brakes and now when in drive it seems to stick and release stick and release when trying to drive. i turn a corner and my truck has a problem and leaves marks on the dirt kinda like a tire is locking up. but i dont understand how they can be locking up leaving marks and sticking when driving if there barley making the truck stop?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Mileage? Did you notice any moisture from the wheel cylinders? If they are leaking, you will experience a "squishy" pedal and locking rear wheels as the brake fluid is getting on the rear shoes. Get under the truck and look for any puddles as well as that is a sign of rusted/split hard lines in the braking system which requires immediate replacement. When you replaced the rear shoes, were they wet? We need more info.

Drk Blue

WOW problem is fixed and you all are allowed to makr fun of me for this. Putting it up on ramps yesterday i out it in 4 wheel drive low and forgot to take it off. i shut it off and everything is back to normal. wow am i stupid lmao. so u all can let me have it cause i know ur gonna laugh and wanna make fun of me lol

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

We don't do that here. We are here to learn. If we don't make mistakes, how do we learn?

Good to hear all is well. Enjoy your hauler and let us know if ya need anymore assistance.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I'll laugh at that. Mistakes are good for a laugh and a learning experience. Glad you fixed it!!

Thread Information