Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

2002 WS6 rear end

Has anyone had trouble with their rear ends going out. This is the 3rd time and I only have 35,000 miles on my car. The dealer keeps replacing all the parts and then if whines really loud and goes out again. My Service manager told me to call GM and let them know the history in case it goes out again after the new 12,00 mile warranty so they will fix it for nothing. This doesn't make sense to me. Something has to be causing this.

Thanks,
    Candida

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

whoever is setting it up probably isnt doing it right or you're driving it too hard. Do you race it often? Do you take it easy on the rearend after the rebuilds for a few 100 miles? what gear lube are using? are u using limited slip fluid?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I don't race it and am very easy on it. The dealer has been taking care of all the scheduled maintenance since it was new. The first time it happened it only had 1200 mile on it and I broke it in right. Everytime they fix it I do what they say for the first 500 miles. I can't go over 50.

Candida

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Welcome to the world of 7.5" rearends. I think once you look around you'll find more people than not have some kind of trouble with the rear. Leaky pinion seal being the all time number one problem. Usually they don't start breaking until you start putting the power to them and beating on them. I wonder who's setting up your rears and if it's the same guy everytime? Either way. If you plan on mods down the road start saving your penny's now for a 12 bolt.

black
    02 z28

10bolts are very weak rear ends, rebuilding, repairing, trying to make stronger is worthless as it will break easily just the same, do as previously mentioned and save for a 12 bolt or a 9"

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

waht all has been replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Candida View Post
    I don't race it and am very easy on it. The dealer has been taking care of all the scheduled maintenance since it was new. The first time it happened it only had 1200 mile on it and I broke it in right. Everytime they fix it I do what they say for the first 500 miles. I can't go over 50.

Candida
    time to find a better service dept.even with moderate abuse a properly setup 10 bolt will live 60 thous miles or more on the street.

Thread Information