Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2002 Camaro z28 procharged Died this morning

This is a discussion on 2002 Camaro z28 procharged Died this morning within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by LS1Jason Off topic, but what happened to the TA? isn't that the one you just got from ...

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Off topic, but what happened to the TA? isn't that the one you just got from Frost?
    Ya I think it was a fuel leak or something, but i was driving down the road on the phone and saw smoke, i pulled over and sure enough there was flames under the hood, damage isnt to bad from the fire but the guy who stopped and help put it out with a exstingusher sprayed the entire motor instead of just that spot it's a mess now trying to clean it up, Damaged the hood, power steering some wiring, brake lines, master brake cylinder, and misc other stuff

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Oh man that sucks, sorry to hear that...insurance is covering that car I hope.

SOM / NBM

Nope i didnt claim it cause they asked if it was modded and i said no in hopes of cheaper rate? guess it turns out it wont be cheaper after all

SOM / NBM

Just ordered the racetronix kit should have it by Monday any body got any tips for installing this, do i have to drop the tank or can i cut the "access" panel

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z-28

this happened to me! A squirrel crawled under my hood and chewed up the wires to my computer. the wire was hanging my a thread and after i hit a speed bump the last wire snapped and thats all she wrote. The car was not running to great a lil bit before that happened. then the crappy idle and the...she died

Blue
    1999 Camaro Z-28

The guy that installed mine had to take my exhaust off to get to the tank...or so he said but i dont think you have to drop the tank. I had just a much gas when I got it out as when I took it in...

SOM / NBM

Unless he just fixed the wires you have to drop the tank to change the pump, either that or cut the hole in the trunk area

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

my brothers white 35th ann v6 maro does a similar thing...it starts runs for abour 4 seconds and dies..and no you cant hear the pump kick on ..at all...so i told him fuel pump too...

i put a walboro 255 in my formula but the damn rubber seal didnt seat properly going to fix it next weekend when i get back from training...gotta do a rear main too..

SOM / NBM

Pump just showed up went with the racetronix kit Thanks guys got any suggestions on installing? i think i wanna cut in to the trunk for the "access panel style"?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by devil6rr View Post
    Ya I think it was a fuel leak or something, but i was driving down the road on the phone and saw smoke, i pulled over and sure enough there was flames under the hood, damage isnt to bad from the fire but the guy who stopped and help put it out with a exstingusher sprayed the entire motor instead of just that spot it's a mess now trying to clean it up, Damaged the hood, power steering some wiring, brake lines, master brake cylinder, and misc other stuff
    What was the reason for the fuel leak?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

SOM / NBM

Not sure exactly yet seems the braided fuel line was laying across the headers, i cant be certain yet the cause but i do know 2 injectors were leaking

Black
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    before you go to the trouble of tearing the pump out I would check for 12 volts back at the pump first. Might have a loose or bad connection somewhere. Thunder racing carries the racetronix stuff which is good stuff and affordable.
    +1
    good place to start
    I hate electrical work but it is a necessary evil.
    good luck

2000 Trans Am

Not sure exactly yet seems the braided fuel line was laying across the headers, i cant be certain yet the cause but i do know 2 injectors were leaking
    Ouch that sux, did it happen after you modified something? If not I would be contacting the person you bought it from.......sounds like some bs to me....

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Pump just showed up went with the racetronix kit Thanks guys got any suggestions on installing? i think i wanna cut in to the trunk for the "access panel style"?
    GOOD BUY!

I would cut the access panel.

The wiring harness is going to be about 1' longer than you need. If you start from the back and work your way forward, keep the harness loose until you reach the alternator then button it all up.

SOM / NBM

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Ouch that sux, did it happen after you modified something? If not I would be contacting the person you bought it from.......sounds like some bs to me....
    No i did not mod anything, i contacted him and he is assisting me with phone support in getting it back together, i smelt fuel the day before but did not look into it... i didnt have the car long enough to realize it would be a potential problem stupid on my part yes, but hey it is a modified car in other words shit happens or at least i think

SOM / NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    GOOD BUY!

I would cut the access panel.

The wiring harness is going to be about 1' longer than you need. If you start from the back and work your way forward, keep the harness loose until you reach the alternator then button it all up.
    Thanks! Got any info or measurments on where or how large to cut hole?

2000 Trans Am

No i did not mod anything, i contacted him and he is assisting me with phone support in getting it back together, i smelt fuel the day before but did not look into it... i didnt have the car long enough to realize it would be a potential problem stupid on my part yes, but hey it is a modified car in other words shit happens or at least i think
    I'd be having them pay for repairs.............especailly if you can prove that they knew it was an underlying problem........what did they say when you told them you smelt fuel.....?

SOM / NBM

i know it wasnt an underlying problem he is a stand up guy and also i did not mention to him that i smelt fuel again bad on my part, but he had that setup on there for supposedly 6 months with no issues, and i dont know how i can prove anything cause i only had the car for a few days, i only put about 300 miles on it

2000 Trans Am

i know it wasnt an underlying problem he is a stand up guy and also i did not mention to him that i smelt fuel again bad on my part, but he had that setup on there for supposedly 6 months with no issues, and i dont know how i can prove anything cause i only had the car for a few days, i only put about 300 miles on it
    Sounds fishy to me no matter how "stand up" the guy is...only 300 miles on your watch you do the math....

SOM / NBM

Well got the new fuel pump in and all is well again she fired right up! The install was fairly easy after cutting the "access panel" Racetronix makes a nice setup with great instructions

However i did not use the upgraded wiring harness so it is up for grabs if anyone wants to beef up thiers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information