2001 Camaro windshield wiper motor bracket

This is a discussion on 2001 Camaro windshield wiper motor bracket within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; first of all, hello to all as this is my first post on this board. Our 2001 Camaro has a ...

2001 Camaro

2001 Camaro windshield wiper motor bracket

first of all, hello to all as this is my first post on this board. Our 2001 Camaro has a problem with the windshield wipers thumping. I noticed a few inches of free play in them ,pulled off the arms and the cowl to have a look thinking it was a linkage problem. those were ok, but I did find the culprit. The wiper motor is bolted to a triangle shaped bracket, with one side of that bracket bolted to the car, and the other side has two tabs that slide into slots in the firewall. Those two slots have rubber bushings in them. Those bushings have ripped and worn out, causing the whole mounting bracket to move back and forth when the wipers are on. The Chevy dealer parts counter shows no listing for those bushings, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this. I would have bought a new backet to get the bushings, but the dealer couldn't get one, nor could they tell me how to go about getting the bushings. All he could sell me was a complete motor/bracket assembly and he didn't know if that even came with the bushings.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I tried looking it up at gmpartsdirect under the washer assembly but the illustration doesn't show those bushings. Might be under the body section. Your best bet is to call gmpartsdirect and explain to them over the phone what you're looking for. If anyone has it I bet they do.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

98 Formula
    06 duramax

another option is to keep an eye out in the for sale section at people parting cars out. You can post in the parts wanted section for it too. Have you looked at any salvage yards? Should be the same for the v-6 and LS1 cars.

2001 Camaro

Ill try GM parts direct. I'd try the local junkyards, but the wiper arms can be a real pain to get off so I can look at the bushings that might or might not be any good. That is my route of last resort , I'd much rather find them new if i can.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyodyne View Post
    Ill try GM parts direct. I'd try the local junkyards, but the wiper arms can be a real pain to get off so I can look at the bushings that might or might not be any good. That is my route of last resort , I'd much rather find them new if i can.
    that's why god invented 18v sawzall's.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

This tool works good for pulling of wiper arms

Lisle 54150 - Battery Terminal And Wiper Arm Puller

Thread Information