Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2000 LS1 with engine rattle???

This is a discussion on 2000 LS1 with engine rattle??? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by kensz28 Anytime you open up the A/C system and replace a compressor you should change the orifice ...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by kensz28 View Post
    Anytime you open up the A/C system and replace a compressor you should change the orifice tube and dryer. If it was bearing noise then your probably o.k. Glad it cools now. Mine has a slow leak that every few months it will just blow lukewarm air and today I put more 134a in and added red dye to find the leak. I'm guessing it is the compressor o-rings. My oem compressor was so cold you could hang meat in that buick. But it croaked after 85,000mi. The new one is an eBay one. It does alright but not like oem stuff. The camaro has no a/c cuz some artard ripped the wires of the compressor when they pulled the motor or something. I think it's from a busted motor mount in the past that let the motor torque over so far it ripped em out. All I have is two bare wire studs sicking up from behind the pulley. The are shaped like a posi traction burnout (they curl to one side)
    LOL @ posi traction burnout.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by kensz28 View Post
    Anytime you open up the A/C system and replace a compressor you should change the orifice tube and dryer. If it was bearing noise then your probably o.k. Glad it cools now. Mine has a slow leak that every few months it will just blow lukewarm air and today I put more 134a in and added red dye to find the leak. I'm guessing it is the compressor o-rings. My oem compressor was so cold you could hang meat in that buick. But it croaked after 85,000mi. The new one is an eBay one. It does alright but not like oem stuff. The camaro has no a/c cuz some artard ripped the wires of the compressor when they pulled the motor or something. I think it's from a busted motor mount in the past that let the motor torque over so far it ripped em out. All I have is two bare wire studs sicking up from behind the pulley. The are shaped like a posi traction burnout (they curl to one side)

@ Meat Locker

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by raybob View Post
    Purchased a 2000 Z-28 LS1 auto. trans. , car came from Indiana, was involved in flood. Trans fluid is fine, i have changed engine oil it was littel over full. Started car and it has a upper end knock, sounds like a lifter that won't prime. Had another guy say it had bent rod and piston was hitting head, don't really think that is case but it may be. Where should i start? Compression test, cylinder leak down test, pull valve covers check valve train, pull plugs and check for damaged plug? Car runs smooth don't miss but dont want to cause any engine damage. I was planning on installing different cam and maybe some heads. Need to find problem first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but... according to the laws of measurement and physics... If you bent a piston rod, (which is very hard to do) Wouldn't that make it shorter....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information