2000 frame damage question

This is a discussion on 2000 frame damage question within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hi I have a question, actually 2 questions. 2 years ago, I crashed my 2000 z28 and havent had the ...

blue
    2000 camaro z28

2000 frame damage question

hi
    I have a question, actually 2 questions.
    2 years ago, I crashed my 2000 z28 and havent had the funds to fix it until now. my car was in my garage collecting dust with the original fluids. there was no damage onto the engine, just the passenger side suspension and frame. I havent started the engine for 2 years and recently just did. (got a new battery) my question is, would it be safe to drive the car home from the shop (approx 8 miles away) after having the suspension and frame fixed with the original fluids from 2 years ago or should i have it towed to my house instead. Also, what should i do in order to make this a daily driver after having slept in my garage for over 2 years. (engine flush, dust out the cobwebs, etc)

2nd question is:
    since my car has frame damage, the passenger front wheel has been pushed into the car, would it be worthwhile to keep the car? I want to eventually make it a performance car with upgraded suspension but not sure if i should take that route. (since it being in a major collision ending with frame damage on a uni-body type vehicle)

Thankyou for reading this post and hopefully get some suggestions to what i should do.

blue
    2000 camaro z28

anyone ?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

The frame damage question would need to be answered by a frame shop that is looking at the damage. There is too many variables to answer that sight unseen. As far as the fluids question-I would change the oil ASAP-but you could drive it home 8 miles first if you had to. I would check your dipsticks closely (engine,trans,pwr steering,antifreeze) before starting up. I would wash it top to bottom to remove the body shop dust and what not. Cars can be successfully repaired back from some extensive damage by the right shop. But I've seen repaints screw up a couple years down the road also. Just depends on the condition of the car I think as far as how well they repair back to. In other words- a brand new car will be repaired back to brand new- a 50,000 mile car won't. Just from my experience.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

youd be fine driving home with original fluids. jus dont beat on it. then change your oil. get your coolant flushed because dex cool sucks. the diff should be fine. get your trans flushed if its an automatic and drained and refilled if its a stick. thats jus good maintenance anyways.

blue
    2000 camaro z28

thanks for the help guys

Thread Information