Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

2000 Camaro z28 Spark Plug Install

I am currently installing spark plugs and wires in a 2000 Camaro z28. The install university guide is bs for my car. It doesn't look like my passenger side at all. I did the drivers side in about 25 min plugs and wires. I have been working on the passengers side for 3 hours straight and haven't even gotten to a plug. Everything is different from the guide. I can't get the air pipe off because one of the 10 mm bolts is on the side towards the cabin and kind of bent out towards the fender. I can't squeeze my hand in at all, let alone a wrench. The coil packs I am close to getting off but I can't even pull off all the wires to move it up or pull it out. Anyone have a 2000 that might have some tricks to at least be able to access 1 plug? I am currently outside screaming my head off with my bloody hands.

red/black
    98 T/A

use a swivel, extension, and come from the bottom

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I finished. That, my friends, was one of the biggest, stinking, pieces of bullshit I have ever dealt with. I don't know what drunken retarded German crack-whore tech-hole was supposed to oversee the future easy of replacement parts, but apparently he was too busy entertaining himself with booze, his pinky toe, and the word ddeeyuuhmm. Anyway it's done, i'm happy, and in alot of pain. I was lacking a couple tools that would have cut alot (and I mean alot) of time off and would have saved alot of aggravation. I also ended up doing most of it at night with one little hanging light. But it's done and by myself, so the pride is flowing.

Anyone know a way to tell if anything wasn't connected right? (ie I am running on 7 or 2 cyl's) I have some diagnostic software, but am not sure what to check for. Would a SES light come on if a wire was loose thus lacking a plug? I don't believe anything is wrong and I won't be test driving until tomorrow or later today. Just curious more than anything.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Without the proper tools, it can be a pain, but it's really not that hard to change the plugs in these cars as long as you have a basic metric socket set, some extensions and maybe a swivel. I found that removing the coil packs is a waste of time. As far as everything being hooked up, I would check it over and fire it up, you should know if something is off and if not, the ses light will let you know.

Thread Information