RED
    1994 Camaro Z28

1994 Camaro Z28 Transmission mount

Ok, so i know there are dozens of threads about Transmission mounts and troubleshooting. I have a similar question. I know my transmission mount is bad, Does anyone have pictures or a video describing exactly how to do it, and the tools needed? Thanks for your help

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It is very simple to do -- safely support the car in the air, roll underneath and you will see a rubber pad under the back of your transmission. It will probably have a single stud or bolt that runs through the crossmember (there may be two -- not sure about a '94) and you will see two bolts that attach the mount to the transmission. Remove the bottom center bolt and then remove the top two bolts. Use a floor jack or other lifting device to raised the transmission (usually a scrap 2 x 6 under the pan is easiest) just enough to pull out the old mount. Reverse your steps to install the new mount and you are done.

You can see the crossmember in this pic -- the mount sets in the center on top of it:

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Found another pic in my Photobucket account that shows the mount on the transmission with the crossmember removed:

RED
    1994 Camaro Z28

thank you very much. i just wanted like a visual of what i need to remove to get to it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No problem. It is about the easiest thing there is to change on our cars. With the right tools it should take all of 10 minutes.

RED
    1994 Camaro Z28

ok, ill be doing it arround 5:00 pm EST so ill let you know how it goes my only issue is i dont have a lift, gunna be using aluminum tire ramps, 2 jack stands and a 2 ton jack. so the hardest part is gunna be getting to it. haha

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Put the front wheels on the ramps and place the jackstands under the rear axle. Just make sure the car is on a level surface. If you have a spare jack, place it under the differential as an added safety precaution.

RED
    1994 Camaro Z28

ahh man it was a disaster lol i found larger metal ramps but because the front end was so low i couldnt fit them. so i put the ramps on the rear tires and backed the car onto them. put the jack under the tranny with a block of wood. everything was fine. at this point im like 30 minutes in of running into garage and out for tools. took the 4 bolts of the cross member out and it just dropped with half of the mount attached. was so happy when it fell. so i took the 2 bolts out of the other half of the mount.put the new one in and went to put the cross member on and it wouldnt fit. Looks like the tranny dropped a bit so i put 2 of the crossmember bolts in and kinda pried the tranny up. bout 2 hrs in now finally get the crossmember on, now the single bolt to the mount. wasnt lined up, want bad from that point on though. Took a picture of the old crossmember will post in a minute

RED
    1994 Camaro Z28

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats! Easiest thing to do for the front of our cars is to lay down a piece or two of scrap lumber to get the front end started in the air before hitting the ramps. I have to do this to load our Trans Am in the trailer otherwise the nose scrapes.

Thread Information