Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

10W40 High Mileage Mobil 1.

This is a discussion on 10W40 High Mileage Mobil 1. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Sarge I guess what I find so amazing...well let me back up....I guess what I find so ...

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I guess what I find so amazing...well let me back up....I guess what I find so amazing on so many levels is this.
    1. A guy comes on here and makes a thread announcing he can fix oil burning with a thicker oil.
    2. He doesn't even describe oil burning but describes a fuel issue.
    3. Then he post an old TSB that clearly describes the problem and the FIX!
    4. Instead of getting it fixed he decides to defend his position to:
    A) ignore the TSB
    B) Self medicate with a thicker oil
    C) call us dumbasses.
    5. Then he decides he will create an new thread about his old TSB.
    6. Ignores the recommendations to check out the source of the "smoke", ignores the old tried and true recommendations for a catch can, ignores the recommendations to AutoRX the ring pack.
    Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a dumbass than to open your mouth and remove any doubt.

I still don't think THAT TSB has anything to do with this thread & the specific 'oil' problem.
    Why don't you spend some money at a local tuning shop & see what they can do for ya on the dyno?
    Stop calling everyone else names because they think you should look at other issues, ...
    Yes, 10-40 will help reduce oil consumption, ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

So will a 75-140 rear end lube in your crankcase
    Poor kid thinks that TSB is GM telling him he is on his own I guess.....I dunno....
    I agree with you though....with what he described.....I would be looking into fuel/coolant leaks (aka heads) etc. He did not describe oil burning. All cars burn oil. All internal combustion engines burn some oil. But this young person has the TSB and still chooses to ignore it. Chooses to ignore any and all suggestions from people who are trying to help. Just goes off. Issues....big time issues here....

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

They would only fix the problem if the car had a warranty. The car has 66K on it do you think GM will say "oh yeah come on in and let us fix it for free"? What world do you live in? You said there is no such TSB and said I was full of shit. I NEVER said this was a fix for anything I said it will slow the rate of oil consumtion! The car HAS been tuned! It has a larger cam, headers, exhaust, lid, ported TB and the list could go on. If this was "old news" why did you say there is no such bulliten?

I expected this from you to be honest. You hate M1 with a passion. I guess I should of used PP HM oil...oh thats right they are behind the times as usual and they dont make it. In a year or so they will play follow the leader and make a PP HM oil. And you think 10w40 is that thick of an oil huh? God forbid anyone uses 20w50 holy shit!

Oh yeah this kid is 38 years old.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Stricken1 View Post
    They would only fix the problem if the car had a warranty. The car has 66K on it do you think GM will say "oh yeah come on in and let us fix it for free"? What world do you live in? You said there is no such TSB and said I was full of shit. I NEVER said this was a fix for anything I said it will slow the rate of oil consumtion! The car HAS been tuned! It has a larger cam, headers, exhaust, lid, ported TB and the list could go on. If this was "old news" why did you say there is no such bulliten?

I expected this from you to be honest. You hate M1 with a passion. I guess I should of used PP HM oil...oh thats right they are behind the times as usual and they dont make it. In a year or so they will play follow the leader and make a PP HM oil. And you think 10w40 is that thick of an oil huh? God forbid anyone uses 20w50 holy shit!

Oh yeah this kid is 38 years old.
    Unreal. I get everything fixed for free at the GM dealer when they have a TSB on any of my cars. Regardless of warranty. Many folks do. If there is a dealer that will not repair for free off a TSB I would go find another dealer.
    You just refuse to read my post don't you? I said that I couldn't find any TSB that had no fix. I went on to describe a TSB. I never said you were full of shit. Not once. You were the one calling everybody dumbasses. Do I think 10-40 is thick? Compared to what? I think anybody not fixing the problem but pouring in thicker oil to mask it is thick. I'm being honest as hell here and this has nothing to do with Mobil1 nor Pennzoil. Where in this thread does that come from? Take a reading and comprehension class and grow up. Your making yourself look silly here.
    I just called my Service Manager at home. Ask him about a car with 66K and had a TSB for the rings. He said it is up to the dealership. With that many miles they would probably just charge labor. But it was up to the dealership. So go try and fix the problem.........

White
    2001 Z28

Stricken: My wife and I are High School teachers. She has a Ph.D. in Education. I printed your posts, and asked her to grade them. She found your writing to be incomprehensible.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf37 View Post
    Stricken: My wife and I are High School teachers. She has a Ph.D. in Education. I printed your posts, and asked her to grade them. She found your writing to be incomprehensible.
    STOP using big words, your making my head smoke

Slow SS

Black
    2002 Chevy Camaro

I am still wondering why he is hung up on wanting a high milage oil. I think they are crap. All they do is cost an extra 1.50 a quart. Run a flush every other oil change and change it on time. HM is just code for lots of detergents and extra crap in your oil. And running a thicker oil will cause more problems in the long run than it will cure them in the short run.

PS most of the additives on the back wall of your local parts store are just kerosene, yes even the ones that say "with jet fuel"

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I didn't ask how to fix the oil problem I just stated that if someone here has a problem and does not have the $$$$$ to pay the labor for a re-ring then this may help. How the hell this post goes to a " I know what wrong with your car.... you need a tune" is beyond me. You have any idea what the cost of a tear down to re-ring a piston would be?

You have also edited your post where you said..." I can't find a TSB on this.. there is no such TSB". Guess you have to save face and not look to stupid. I never said anyone was a dumbass and I never said please help me fix my car. I know what is wrong with MY car...and I DONT have the extra $$$ to fix it right now.
    Do you think a modified car can just go into a dealer and them say just pay the labor and even if they did what is there in parts anyway??? Ring set and gaskets??? Maybe you should read my original post again.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrando View Post
    I am still wondering why he is hung up on wanting a high milage oil. I think they are crap. All they do is cost an extra 1.50 a quart. Run a flush every other oil change and change it on time. HM is just code for lots of detergents and extra crap in your oil. And running a thicker oil will cause more problems in the long run than it will cure them in the short run.

PS most of the additives on the back wall of your local parts store are just kerosene, yes even the ones that say "with jet fuel"
    I am not hung up on HM oil...its the first that I know of full synthetic HM oil and I tried it and it has slowed down the oil consumption. Like I have said before you guys are so PP now anything with M1 will just start a bitch session. And I do believe in reading alot of threads on the board it has alot to do with it. I know if I sai oh I used PP HM oil it be a whoo hoo, aswome PP FTW!

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf37 View Post
    Well its a god damn shame you and your wife have nothing better to do with your time.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

So will a 75-140 rear end lube in your crankcase
    Poor kid thinks that TSB is GM telling him he is on his own I guess.....I dunno....
    I agree with you though....with what he described.....I would be looking into fuel/coolant leaks (aka heads) etc. He did not describe oil burning. All cars burn oil. All internal combustion engines burn some oil. But this young person has the TSB and still chooses to ignore it. Chooses to ignore any and all suggestions from people who are trying to help. Just goes off. Issues....big time issues here....
    No problem with the coolant or fuel.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I guess what I find so amazing...well let me back up....I guess what I find so amazing on so many levels is this.
    1. A guy comes on here and makes a thread announcing he can fix oil burning with a thicker oil. WHERE DID I SAY IT WILL FIX ANYTHING???
    2. He doesn't even describe oil burning but describes a fuel issue. NOT A RICH OR LEAN ISSUE
    3. Then he post an old TSB that clearly describes the problem and the FIX!
    4. Instead of getting it fixed he decides to defend his position to:
    A) ignore the TSB IGNORE IT???? THE CAR IS HEAVILY MODDED!
    B) Self medicate with a thicker oil....TRUE IS SLOWS DOWN THE OIL CONSUPTION
    C) call us dumbasses. BECAUSE YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHY I MADE THIS POST
    5. Then he decides he will create an new thread about his old TSB. WELL IT DID NOT EXIST ACCORDING TO YOU
    6. Ignores the recommendations to check out the source of the "smoke", ignores the old tried and true recommendations for a catch can, ignores the recommendations to AutoRX the ring pack. WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM
    Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a dumbass than to open your mouth and remove any doubt.
    SAME APPLIES MY FRIEND.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I didn't ask how to fix the oil problem I just stated that if someone here has a problem and does not have the $$$$$ to pay the labor for a re-ring then this may help. How the hell this post goes to a " I know what wrong with your car.... you need a tune" is beyond me. You have any idea what the cost of a tear down to re-ring a piston would be?

You have also edited your post where you said..." I can't find a TSB on this.. there is no such TSB". Guess you have to save face and not look to stupid. I never said anyone was a dumbass and I never said please help me fix my car. I know what is wrong with MY car...and I DONT have the extra $$$ to fix it right now.
    Do you think a modified car can just go into a dealer and them say just pay the labor and even if they did what is there in parts anyway??? Ring set and gaskets??? Maybe you should read my original post again.
    I did not edit any of my post. You edited your first post though. If I edited a post it would say Edited by Sarge and the date and time I edited it. See....your off on some bullshit fantasy fucking run and making shit up...your not reading and understanding a damn thing.
    You know what is wrong with your car....go fix it. I dont have to save face or anything else......your so wrong you now have to make bullshit up and edit your post!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I am not hung up on HM oil...its the first that I know of full synthetic HM oil and I tried it and it has slowed down the oil consumption. Like I have said before you guys are so PP now anything with M1 will just start a bitch session. And I do believe in reading alot of threads on the board it has alot to do with it. I know if I sai oh I used PP HM oil it be a whoo hoo, aswome PP FTW!
    You are the only one in this entire thread bringing up PP or Mobil1. Nobody else but you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Obviously this guy has more issues than his car burning oil so this thread is going absolutely nowhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information