02 sensor qustion?

This is a discussion on 02 sensor qustion? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; how do you know when ur 02 sims are out? i dont know if to order the 02 sensors also ...

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

02 sensor qustion?

how do you know when ur 02 sims are out? i dont know if to order the 02 sensors also when i order my headers. they have a package ( Add Y-pipe, O2 Sims, and O2 Extentions to any Pace setter Header Part Number ) for $235 with a purchase of headers. so i dont know if i should just get that also.

Not sure what you're asking. 02 sims just fool the PCM into thinking everything is OK with the cats after removing them. You'll either need them or need to have the codes turned off to avoid a SES light. Most people do the Y pipe, 02 sims and extensions for the front sensors and delete the cats when doing headers - make sure you'll pass emissions in your state w/o any problems.

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

o ok. i was always confused about that but i get it now. i was wondering if mine were out because my ses light is on right now.. i cleaned out my maf with the cleaner and it stills says my car is running lean. they had told me that if the cleaning of the maf didnt turn the light off it was my 02 sims.

What code(s) is it throwing? Lean on one bank or both? 02 sims just monitor the cats, if you're throwing lean codes it's something else, like a possible vacuum leak, etc.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

my first set of sims went bad! it was reading high volts in bank 1 & 2 so i bought new ones. They were good for about a month, till yesterday when i was racing around (High RPM's holding gears) and it threw a code again?? i cleared it and its doing fine! (100 miles later) ??

Thread Information