silver
    2002 Firehawk

02 Firehawk popping o2 sensor codes

My Firehawk was popping codes # P1133 and P1153 both pre cat sensors. I replaced the sensors and it's still popping the same codes.Anybody have any ideas?????

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Start by checking the wiring going to the sensors, and ensure they haven't contacted the exhaust and melted. Check the harness plugs too, and make sure they are getting a good connection. Are you running LT's? If so, did you splice the O2's, or get the ones with longer harnesses?

- - - Updated - - -

Start by checking the wiring going to the sensors, and ensure they haven't contacted the exhaust and melted. Check the harness plugs too, and make sure they are getting a good connection. Are you running LT's? If so, did you splice the O2's, or get the ones with longer harnesses?

silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The wires check out good. I had to extend one about 8". The wires were souldered and doubled srink rapped. I have extened wires before and it worked fine. The other sensor is not extened and its popping codes too. I'm at a loss. Thank's

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I would pick up a set of Bosch 13111's, as they have the longer wire harnesses. Splicing usually ends up causing problems. I would also suggest tracing the wiring back, to ensure they are good all the way back.

One other thought is you may need to run the car for a while before the codes will clear. Or you can have them cleared if you have access to a handheld or program with that capability.

Thread Information