01 ws6 wont run

This is a discussion on 01 ws6 wont run within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i have an 01 ws6 auto with 17000 miles. the other week it had a miss to it, but took ...

navy
    2001 TA WS6

01 ws6 wont run

i have an 01 ws6 auto with 17000 miles. the other week it had a miss to it, but took about 30 miles or so for the check engine light to come on. so i scanned it and it said MAF so i reset the light and ran it for 2 weeks and last night it was acting the same so i got it home, no check engine light. When i scanned it today it was idling rough but the scanner showed no problems. MAF was working ok. Now it wont even start and still no check engine light i'm confused. can anyone please help with some suggestions.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

check the terminals..and think about replacing the maf

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Do you remember the code it threw a while back? Try cleaning the maf, and checking your connections like said above. Any mods? So it will just crank but no fire? Do you have fuel pressure at the rail?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the first thing to do is verify you have fuel pressure and spark. Mods? Anything recently done to the car that may be a factor? What was the actual code you pulled and are there any codes right now?

navy
    2001 TA WS6

there were no codes but a guy how is familiar with them told me to un-plug the MAF and the one in the lid. i did and it fired right up with a bit faster idle (about 1000rpm on the tac usually idles @ 700rpm) now of course i have a check engine light and the little trick isn't working the same. i have not reset the new check engine light not sure but ma-b that is y the trick isn't working i don't know and now the air pump sounds like vacuum and it didn't sound like that b-4.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

what kind of scanner did you use. if you scanned it with the CE light on then it had a code. codes are what make the light come on. get a tech 2 and scan it, it will bring up the history and what exactly is goin on

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Need codes...

navy
    2001 TA WS6

The car won't throw a code. the reason it threw a code is cause i un-plugged the MAF like a guy told me, then the code came up of coarse so i erased it. now the car is running like crap and there is no code. I've seen cars that seemed to run ok and the check engine light on. mine wont give me a code so the next step it getting a fuel pressure gauge and seeing if it has good pressure, i guess.

navy
    2001 TA WS6

have 58 psi fuel pressure so i think that should be ok. still no check engine light any more ideas?

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    get a tech 2 and scan it, it will bring up the history and what exactly is goin on
    You really need a tech 2 to read the entire system, and what's going on with it. Other than that, it's going to be hit and miss, changing parts until you find the problem.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

A tech 2 will definitely help with diagnosing your problem better than a generic one, I'd look up the history codes and go from there

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Is the MAF still unplugged or did you hook it back up? If it won't start with it plugged back up but will with it unplugged there has to be something wrong with it. If you get it started with it unplugged will it cut off when plugged back in?

navy
    2001 TA WS6

it is running now i can't explain y i didn't do anything but let it sit for a couple days. the car seems to run the same with the MAF plugged in or not plugged in. yesterday i put a new fuel filter in. it was running before i put the filter in but, i had it so i figured i would do it anyway.

Thread Information