Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

$8500 dollars to spend what would you do ?

This is a discussion on $8500 dollars to spend what would you do ? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 and im not trying to pick a fight either just voicing my opinion i just think ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    and im not trying to pick a fight either just voicing my opinion i just think that it would be something worth trying out seing as though you almost never see them
    There is a reason why you NEVER see them...

flyinpastu
    I dont think that ill be trying it out im trying to make a bas ass street car so im going to go other ways first before doing crazy mods to the engine

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    This.

I'm following this approach as well, namely following pajeff's, by building a car that can properly handle the power. You don't know too much adding power to a f-body if your first instinct is to turbo/supercharge and think that's most important. Handling the power is as important as having it. What's the point of having 500+ HP on stock suspension, stock tires, stock rear end, or even stock tranny? Just to break it all in the near future?

1. Rear end done first ~$3000. Weakest point on our cars, next to the uni-body. Getting a good gear ratio will wake your car up.
    2. Proper suspension, I'd reccomend UMI (SFC, LCA's, panhard, torque arm, ETC) this can vary in price, but around $500-$1200
    3. I'd look into a new drive shaft, think they only run ~$200
    4. Tires. Sticky, sticky tires.

You'll be running a pretty solid machine this way, with a upgraded transmission, you'd be solid for many many horses.

Just my .02
    #3 can happen when #1 is done depending on what rear he chooses... if he goes with a dana S60 hell have to get the shorter drive shaft...

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    There is a reason why you NEVER see them...
    i guess u dont see the point in being different

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    i guess u dont see the point in being different
    I don't see the point of using something that has a bad rep, has been talked about by many as a "POS system", and comes with all the negative side effects of a rear-mount turbo that I listed just to "be different"...you are right.

Do some people have the kit and are happy with it for the price? Probably so.

Just like Spec clutches. I won't ever recommend one to anyone based on my own personal experience. Have some people had good luck with them? Yes they have. Have others had terrible luck with them? Yes they have.

I try to give sound advice on this board based on experience, what I've seen in real life, or from what I've read in articles that are peer reviewed or from people that I know that are knowledgeable. I don't say shit just to be saying shit.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I don't see the point of using something that has a bad rep, has been talked about by many as a "POS system", and comes with all the negative side effects of a rear-mount turbo that I listed just to "be different"...you are right.

Do some people have the kit and are happy with it for the price? Probably so.

Just like Spec clutches. I won't ever recommend one to anyone based on my own personal experience. Have some people had good luck with them? Yes they have. Have others had terrible luck with them? Yes they have.

I try to give sound advice on this board based on experience, what I've seen in real life, or from what I've read in articles that are peer reviewed or from people that I know that are knowledgeable. I don't say shit just to be saying shit.
    never said i was saying shit to say shit and i too have read numerous articles wether it was in a magazine or online and yes i have come across a few bad reviews but numerous good ones as well which hints why i told OP to have a professional shop instal it that has done a few

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OP will not be installing one. See above post

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

OP will not be installing one. See above post
    Already noted lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information