Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

$1,500 to spent on my car

This is a discussion on $1,500 to spent on my car within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by FMR_TransAm im on steet tire 245 i was going to get Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels ...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by FMR_TransAm View Post
    im on steet tire 245 i was going to get Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels. for grap. and does a stall really to that much. i dont know alot about stall's so what does it do to make you go off the line .
    Like stated a converter is a night and day difference in the auto trans...

Black
    Trans am

so this will be good. TCI 242931 TCI Torque Converter 3000+ Stall Speed 1994-03 Camaro V8 - 242931, TCI Torque Converter. their are no other stuff i have to buy to make this stall work

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

IMO on a stock 99 to 02 LS1 I would not do a converter less than 3500. The years 93 thru 97 are the LT1. 98 thru 02 is the LS1.. GM did not build a camaro in 03. The camaro did not come back until 2010..

Other stuff to buy... Well I would do a tune for the converter but know people who have not..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

If I were doing it all over again I would spend the extra money and get a vigilante or a yank.......they are worth the extra money. You'll also need a tranny cooler and tuning. Should easily be able to do all that and stay well under your $1500 limit. The stall and a good tune will probably net you a .5-.7 gain in ET.

Black
    Trans am

to much plus TCI is good. im try to spent 1,000 for a stall and tune and a pulley and other stuff

Black
    2000 WS6

Get the suspension done.
    Dollar for dollar, you'll get more performance from suspension mods.
    PHB or Watts link, strano springs, shocks, sway bars.
    Then you'll be able to use the HP more effectively than your using it now.
    Nothing like pulling almost a G during a turn and leaving anything that's trying to keep up with you, if you know what I mean.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

white
    2001 SS camaro

dont do intake over what you have now bc it will be overkill unless you have done heads cam lifter pushrod ect, the stock set up will be good for 500hp, imo i would suggest suspension to make the car hook, since you already done headers intake tuner ect i would do subframe (umi) 3point bolt in, i also done a full rear from founders performance email them and let them know joseph stacey refered you im helping the company out,and get lower control arms, relocation brackets, panhard bar and strut tower brace all full adj on car. except for the strut tower brace. I would also suggest 4:10s if ur running 6speed they are still great on hwy and you only turn like 300rpm higher gas may drop like 1mpg less but shit thats nothing. If you are doing looks gauges oil,temp, other and white or black gauges, eibach pro springs. just a few but again just to help you out and save you money id stick with the intake you have do airlid and cut the bottom plastic where the 2 squares are another 5inches and that will add more airflow.
    d

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information