Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

whats my rwhp

This is a discussion on whats my rwhp within the Dyno Information forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by harri_z28 the camaro is also lighter than the corvette, so therefore the camaro is a little faster ...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by harri_z28 View Post
    the camaro is also lighter than the corvette, so therefore the camaro is a little faster than the corvette, when both cars are tuned to its max.
    The C5 Corvette is about 200-300lbs lighter than the F-body which I would consider significant in anyones book. There is about a .2-.3 tenths difference in 1/4 mile on average between the two cars stock for stock. An F-body is by no means lighter than a 'vette.

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

well i heard from a guy i thought knew alot... he is from boost performance, and he is the head guy there... i tend to listen to what he says, because he has been doing this for 40 years. so i guess he gave me false information.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

You cant tell just by looking at the corvette and camaro? Its obvious...

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

you never know about the internal parts, and framing, and suports, and interior might be heavier... so u dont have to make me feel stupid. i think i know alot for a 17 year old. and im just tryin to learn more. thanks tho.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

you never know about the internal parts, and framing, and suports, and interior might be heavier... so u dont have to make me feel stupid. i think i know alot for a 17 year old. and im just tryin to learn more. thanks tho.
    future referance if you havnt seen it for yourself from a respectable source.. not an autozone cashier.... dont say "i know im right"

pewter
    02' z28 camaro

haha its not autozone, its our top speed shop

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

haha its not autozone, its our top speed shop
    maybe you should reevaluate how much they know.... i have heard smarter phrases from autozone employees.. loljust saying..

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

you never know about the internal parts, and framing, and suports, and interior might be heavier... so u dont have to make me feel stupid. i think i know alot for a 17 year old.
    How did I know that you were a kid that doesn't really know much? Relax, take a deep breath, and learn something. There are very few differences between all years of LS1's. They all respond the same to mods overall. '01-'04 LS1's are the most desirable years b/c they have the most updates (heads, intake, rod bolts, etc.). Corvette's are most certainly lighter than F-bodies. There might be an exception when comparing a stripper F-body to a loaded convertable vette. The advantage at the track goes to the F-body due to the straight axle. Advantage on the street goes to the vette due to irs and being lighter. I hope you learned something today. Your statements have been false and misleading. It's ok not to know everything, I sure don't, but will share with just about anyone what I do know, which is quite a bit imo.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Well, having read the preceding statements, I must warn everyone that I really don't know everything about LS-series engines, but I am trying to learn here and there. So my question is about the desirability of '01 - '04 LS1's - I know that these come with the LS6 intake, but I did not know there was a difference in the heads. Can somebody explain what are these differences? I want to do a heads/cam swap in the future, but still I'm interested in the stock differences. Thank you.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Gundlach9 View Post
    Well, having read the preceding statements, I must warn everyone that I really don't know everything about LS-series engines, but I am trying to learn here and there. So my question is about the desirability of '01 - '04 LS1's - I know that these come with the LS6 intake, but I did not know there was a difference in the heads. Can somebody explain what are these differences? I want to do a heads/cam swap in the future, but still I'm interested in the stock differences. Thank you.
    Casting process for the 241 heads was better than the 806 ('97 and '98) and the 853 ('99 and early '00) which equals a slight advantage in unported form. The LS6 intake is one of the most desirable stock pieces from these engines b/c they flow better than any other stock intake.

black
    2000 trans am

so what heads are in a late 00 born 10/00 same heads??

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by twoolley08 View Post
    so what heads are in a late 00 born 10/00 same heads??
    Some late '00 models did come with 241 (updated castings), but most '00 had 853 castings.

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    Some late '00 models did come with 241 (updated castings), but most '00 had 853 castings.
    any idea on how i can tell which heads i have?
    thanks

Ermine White
    1964 Chevelle

look at the casting # on the front of the head just in front of the valve cover....

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    maybe you should reevaluate how much they know.... i have heard smarter phrases from autozone employees.. loljust saying..
    haha that reminds me of a time when I was working on a 307 nova for my elderly neighbor, went to Auto zone to get a oil pan gaskit and the kid at the counter told me repeatedly that chevy never had a 307. As soon as I told him to look up a 75 nova he shut up pretty quick!

Back on topic op your looking about 330 with out a tune, as thats what one of my club members pulled without a tune and similar setup

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I have the exact same mods (plus gears and sfc which don't really affect rwhp) and i'm an m6. I plan to get it tuned before the winter so i'll let you know what happens. I'm expecting to get at least 315 rwhp and would be surprised (and happy) to get over 340 rwhp.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

black
    1999 ws6

wow those numbers don't add up for me....i had my stock 02 ws6 m6 on the dyno in2002 and it put 323 to the wheels...after the hooker lt's, lid&filter, mass air, smooth bellow i put 368 to the wheels...this was without a tune or cam....they must be diff state to state...??????

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 12secws6 View Post
    wow those numbers don't add up for me....i had my stock 02 ws6 m6 on the dyno in2002 and it put 323 to the wheels...after the hooker lt's, lid&filter, mass air, smooth bellow i put 368 to the wheels...this was without a tune or cam....they must be diff state to state...??????
    No, the 01, 02 slp and ws6 dyno right around there, Some cars also respond better to mods than others. Could also have alot to do with which dyno, how hot humid etc.
    Where did you get your car dynoed?

black
    1999 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    No, the 01, 02 slp and ws6 dyno right around there, Some cars also respond better to mods than others. Could also have alot to do with which dyno, how hot humid etc.
    Where did you get your car dynoed?
    i had it dynoed at forcefed performance when they were in yuba city, ca...i didn't think that heat or humidity would make a difference on a dyno....either way i was happy with my numbers.....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 12secws6 View Post
    i had it dynoed at forcefed performance when they were in yuba city, ca...i didn't think that heat or humidity would make a difference on a dyno....either way i was happy with my numbers.....
    It will make a bit of diff but the main thing is that the 01 and 02 cars with slp or ws6 packages dyno higher.
    On a side note you on the norcal-lsx.com forum?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information