Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Just got off the Dyno (stock T/A)

So I just had my car Dynod before I started to Mod it. I tested it two ways one with no air filter or lid and i got 287 rwhp and 290 rwtq think that these numbers would be higher do to direct flow then I put my stock Paper filter in and stock Lid ended up with 302 Rwhp and 309 Rwtq. The test was done on a Dyno jet and like I said this is a Bone Stock 2000 T/A. Thought those numbers seemed a little high and anyone know what the diffrence in power with the Lid on ? Let me know your thoughts

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

The lid and filter might smooth out the incoming air, and maybe make for a higher intake air velocity? Just a guess.

Great number, btw. M6?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

No Actually is a A-4 thats kinda why I was suprised

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 00BadBrd View Post
    No Actually is a A-4 thats kinda why I was suprised

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats, maybe you got a factory freak. Ever take it to the track?

I hope whatever A4 I end up getting puts down those kinds of numbers.

black
    01 ws6

my car must be a freak, it is a 01 A4 2.73 gears with a cutout, stock everything else and I dynoed at 335ish and 365+ tq

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Wow and was that the Corrected power with the down shift taken out ? Either way thats a serious number
    2000 T/A w/ minor mods

1963 Chevy II , Tubbed , Cagged , Sbc 400 Tunnel Ram Set up.

1989 Rs Former v-6 now Crate 350 (Gf Car)

black
    01 ws6

yup it was left at third and maxed their dyno at 160 MPH is why im assuming its got the 2.73 gears, and it was also on the dyno w/ my 20" rims

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Hmm Later on I got it on my camcorder , maybe ill try and make a link and put a clip on

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

So I just had my car Dynod before I started to Mod it. I tested it two ways one with no air filter or lid and i got 287 rwhp and 290 rwtq think that these numbers would be higher do to direct flow then I put my stock Paper filter in and stock Lid ended up with 302 Rwhp and 309 Rwtq. The test was done on a Dyno jet and like I said this is a Bone Stock 2000 T/A. Thought those numbers seemed a little high and anyone know what the diffrence in power with the Lid on ? Let me know your thoughts
    I am shocked an Appalled!... LOL... my thread BAD DAY ON DYNO... says why...

I only got 274whp and 303wtq (with Lid and KN)... ... but it had some wierd missfire...so I'm still hopefull for when I fix it!...
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah looks like you had a few small Issues though. My luck now that I'm starting to mod my car im going to lose power If it makes you feel better i was at 59% humidity and it was 72 F... Also did you have your car hook up to get the Air/Fuel reading? tried on my car but it wouldnt read right

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Yeah looks like you had a few small Issues though. My luck now that I'm starting to mod my car im going to lose power If it makes you feel better i was at 59% humidity and it was 72 F... Also did you have your car hook up to get the Air/Fuel reading? tried on my car but it wouldnt read right
    no they said they only do that for Tuning... (Air/Fuel)... and it was 80% humidity...

Don't worry man... you wont loose power!... and if you do...get a Tune and gain it all back and then some!...

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah i know Im not really going to lose power .. Plan on getting the car back in the mid 400's like my last bird so I will be re Dynoing in about 2 months or so to see how close I am.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Yeah i know Im not really going to lose power .. Plan on getting the car back in the mid 400's like my last bird so I will be re Dynoing in about 2 months or so to see how close I am.
    What are you gonna be doing to it?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Took the heads off getting those done at the machine shop and a matched cam that will support a bit of Nitrous. think Im going to go with mid tubes so Im getting the huge torque numbers of long tubes and not hooking, And a cat back , lid. Im going to see where that puts me and kinda go from there.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Took the heads off getting those done at the machine shop and a matched cam that will support a bit of Nitrous. think Im going to go with mid tubes so Im getting the huge torque numbers of long tubes and not hooking, And a cat back , lid. Im going to see where that puts me and kinda go from there.
    that's sounds pretty nice!... I'm gonna have to steal some Ideas from there...

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

man what numbers, i have a 99 ss with a 2005 Ls6 (ZO6) motor swap, all stock A4 and i pulled 340rwhp, your car is freak of nature. but glad to hear hit

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

The reason your car had smaller numbers when their was no air filter or lid.. Was because the PCM can't read all that aif flow.. Their is too much air flowing for the mass air to get a fix reading. thats why you lose power!!! you see that when you put the lid on and the filter you gain horsepower. Because you had a steady volume of air and the mass could register it. It was a steady flow the filter not only filter's out the air but also allows a certain amount of air to flow. at a certain CFM's..

White
    '02 Formula A4

Good numbers man.

So if his A4 is a freak, is mine one too? I dynod on a dyno dynamic which people say read low and I got 295whp and 306tq. It was tested in 105* heat with humidity in the 70%-80% range. I also run 13.5s stock.

silver
    99 Trans Am

What is a m6? a4? how do you find out?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 99Trans_Am View Post
    What is a m6? a4? how do you find out?
    M6 and A4 refers to the transmition... M6=Manual 6-speed... and A4= Automatic 4-speed...

that's basicly it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information