Thread: HP/Dyno guess

black
    2001 camaro ss

HP/Dyno guess

so i decided on one of two builds, the other being a procharger ( didnt do it due to not wanting to worry about stock bottem end and rear) and a heads/cam setup. plus going with the H/C leaves enough money to buy a chevelle or nova. i know i wont get near the gains of a procharger but interested in what everybody thinks it would run. more importantly a rwhp estimate.
    here are current mods
    SSRA (super sucker ram air), slp lid, outlet is stock sized going to stock size MAF, 85mm throttlebody going to a bbk ssi intake with 85mm inlet.
    ngk plugs with msd wires
    bbk long tube headers (1/34 primary 3'' collector), bbk ORY with 3'' dmh cutout, corsa catback.
    full suspension

and im going to add all this:

slp blackwing filter, fast toys 85mm lid going to a jet power 85mm MAF, PRC stage 2 5.3 heads or stage 2 ls6 heads ( cant decide)
    texas speed 228/228 583'' lift cam on 112 lsa (and all typical camshaft upgrades, ported oil pump, chain, lifters etc)
    yella terra ultralight rocker arms 1.7 ratio, ATI underdrive pulley, trans cooler 24k, manuel fan control switch, racetronix 32lb injectors, and a TCI 3000 stall TC.
    tune by EFI in jacksonville

all that and it still cheaper than a procharger and more reliable. at least on a 10 year old motor with stock bottem end, i got nothing against procharger. sorry for the long post but im really curious as to what i should be expecting.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Any reason why you went with only a 3000 stall?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

black
    2001 camaro ss

transmission isnt exactly my area. 3000 stall seemed good enough its not a track car, is a dd and will see mostly city miles. i figured 3000 stall is enough that that 228 cam wont push through the brakes and it wont kill my gas mpg further by having a high stall such as 3600. then again ive never driven with a stall and cant be too sure

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Don't do the aftermarket MAF. Either use the stock one, or upgrade to a larger GM one. Aftermarket MAF's have been known to cause problems.

black
    2001 camaro ss

well i knew about the zo6 maf which is a 85mm but i didnt select it because i heard it throws codes and problems for our ls1's. what gm maf should i get or is the z06 maf good?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

The stock MAF is good until around the 500 hp mark or so. With the mods you plan to do, you won't be above that. If you really want to change the MAF, then the Z06 one would work. They are much more reliable than aftermarket ones.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I have heard several bad things about aftermarket MAFs especially SLP ones. Before I did any research on my car at all, I installed an SLP MAF. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I have had 0 issues with it. But after reading all the horror stories... If it ever breaks, I'm switching to the Z06 OEM one.

Thread Information